Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difficulty sending down payment from Nationwide Building Society

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D3BDD92B-4EA3-4B24-87E7-E6FF935ABAF0.jpeg

Thanks for this, can I check that you didn’t need to worry about the IBAN or SWIFT numbers just the normal account number & sort code?
Yep, exactly this - just the standard sort code and account number as if you were paying a (very, very, very expensive) telephone bill.

The reference to use was also included just above the bank details. For me this was the invoice number and not the RN number

Using swift is going to end up costing you money.

Best to send through a small sum of money and check the source code a few hours to a working day later to see that it ends up on the depositpaid (long time so exact name may be wrong) field - quite a few older posts explain how to do this.

Using swift is going to end up costing you money.

Best to send through a small sum of money and check the source code a few hours to a working day later to see that it ends up on the depositpaid (long time so exact name may be wrong) field - quite a few older posts explain how to do this.

I did this, although spoke to them to check they’d received it rather than looked at the source code. Easy and painless

I made one £50k+ payment via my Nationwide account using CHAPS (April this year, Tesla Citibank address, a/c number & sort code). Smooth transaction, cleared quickly and was able to mail across proof of payment immediately to Tesla. Well worth the £20 handling fee.

Reactions: Coors80
Halifax couldn't confirm the name for me either. There is specifically a note on the Halifax site that says not all bank accounts are able to verify the name. Its also possible the account isn't actually under the name Tesla Motors Limited, but some variation of.