Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dilemma: CPO MX 90D vs P90D

Which one will you choose

• CPO MX P90D with 38k mileage

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • CPO MX 90D with 20k mileage

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I have a dilemma right now. I'm deciding which CPO model X should I choose.

a high mileage(about 38k miles) MX P90D or a low millage( about 20k miles) MX 90D, the price between these two are very similar.

Both car are 2016 build with AP1.

Which would you choose ?

Thank you

P90D, that is for sure. Thats what we got and we are happy, except the 90% SOC is only at 208 miles. I am hoping its due to the cold weather we are having in the Bay Area, but our range is dropping significantly.
How many miles was your CPO P90D? based on your 90% SOC, that mean full charge is 231. Rated charge was 250 miles when it was new. So 19 miles battery degradation is quite a lot. Any idea of what is your real world miles for a full charge ?

• Disagree
Reactions: flynnstone
How many miles was your CPO P90D? based on your 90% SOC, that mean full charge is 231. Rated charge was 250 miles when it was new. So 19 miles battery degradation is quite a lot. Any idea of what is your real world miles for a full charge ?

Don't forget that the EPA mileage is pretty much unobtainable. It takes skill and the perfect circumstances to get the miles that are advertised. More than likely, you're going to average about 2.5 miles per kWh... The battery pack in the 90 is actually just under 82 kWh useable. Of course, terrain, driving characteristics, road conditions, weather, and, pretty much anything you can think of will affect the range.

If you're concerned about range, it's still not wise to get an EV. Especially a Model X... Just take advantage of those free Supercharger stations, except for on holidays, then, get in your gas powered car and skip the hour long wait at some chargers.

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

Calculate usable battery capacity based on rated miles values

Honestly, neither.
I bought a CPO MX P90D (super low mileage - 15K) and it has been a disappointment.
The car has been in the shop for a myriad of small reasons that though covered under warranty has been frustrating.
And the mileage is ridiculous. The range estimated by the car is 198 miles - but that’s in IDEAL circumstances. Warm outside, driving at 50 mph on the highway on a flag road, with no cross winds, no weight in the car and air conditioner off.
I know because I complained and that’s the response I got.
I recently did a highway drive in winter and went from 90% to 12% doing a 108 miles.

The MX and Tesla may have come a long way in build quality - you will not experience that
You won’t get any of the newer bells and whistles which (lets face it) is part of the allure of getting this car.

Save up or wait for a 2017/2018 MX to come along

/2cents

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Honestly, neither.
I bought a CPO MX P90D (super low mileage - 15K) and it has been a disappointment.
The car has been in the shop for a myriad of small reasons that though covered under warranty has been frustrating.
And the mileage is ridiculous. The range estimated by the car is 198 miles - but that’s in IDEAL circumstances. Warm outside, driving at 50 mph on the highway on a flag road, with no cross winds, no weight in the car and air conditioner off.
I know because I complained and that’s the response I got.
I recently did a highway drive in winter and went from 90% to 12% doing a 108 miles.

The MX and Tesla may have come a long way in build quality - you will not experience that
You won’t get any of the newer bells and whistles which (lets face it) is part of the allure of getting this car.

Save up or wait for a 2017/2018 MX to come along

/2cents
Can you share with me what are the issue ? And what month and year were your P90D build ? How is the battery holding up ?

90 have a bad reputation. Look for a 100d
Low pricing is probably why they are considering the 90 due to the overblown bad reputation. Because of the reputation the 90’s have really low resale numbers compared to 100’s and no more warranty other than the 100’s being slightly newer. The low prices mean most buyers of the 90’s aren’t shopping for 100’s. We had a couple 90’s and had almost no degradation, excellent performance and almost no problems.

Can you share with me what are the issue ? And what month and year were your P90D build ? How is the battery holding up ?

Sorry for the tardy response
- car seat ventilation stopped working
- acceleration shudder (finally fixed)
- various plastic bits on the inside cracked (Tesla replaced them under warranty)
I think the car is a Dec 2015 build.
As for battery holding up - I did 72 miles today, highway driving, temperature outside was around 32 degrees. Car set at 66, with my seat and steering wheel heated. Because of icy weather, never did more than 70 mph - usually in the 55-65 mph range. My battery went down from 90 to 30%
It’s ridiculous. Tesla says it’s normal and battery is holding up

• Informative
Reactions: gangzoom
^Thats awful consumption/range. We did 110 miles recently in our 75D X, a bit warmer than you, 75mph max but lots of traffic withblong 50-60mph stretches. Started at 76% SOC, ended with 16%, unconditoned so a true 'cold' start, so 180 miles theoretical range versus 120 miles in you're 90D!!
49189591936_751278bb1c_c_d.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just want to update everyone. We decided to go with the P90D, and It has been amazing. The car is in great shape except a couple rock chip, and I was able to get the Tesla paint repair kit to fix them up myself.

I think the battery held up pretty good, full charge still shows 241 miles, so about 9 miles battery degradation. (I guess I won the tesla lottery) .

Delivery experience is not great at all. The car is dirty inside out, and we asked the delivery advisor to at least charge up our car to 100% since we gonna drive it back to SoCal right away( the car is in Fremont), but the car only got 170 miles when we picked it up.

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 124