Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dirty Tesla Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have no time to clean my car now, I wanted to see how dirty your Tesla is, are you using any paint protection? Are you seeing swirls? Any color would be great but I'd really like to see the solid black. If you have a dirty Tesla, let's see it...

Shall we talk about pounds of malamute hair all over the interior?:p And how the lesser-48 Service Centers' otherwise "seen it all" detailers collectively cringe when they hear we're on our way.....

I'm thinking about bras; paint coatings. But we needed to take our first road trip. Expect loads of sticky bugs hitting the front. First went to several detailing shops in our area, finding none of which had handled a Tesla previously. I was worried about the paint and what materials they would use. One said hand polish only, another said would use lowest speed on buffer, still 1000 RPM. While these places do much of their business with local ICE car dealers, I was still concerned about joy riding if I was not there while this was done - even making sure they knew I could see what was going on at the car from the phone if they moved it.

So, I did it myself, and was a good opportunity to "feel the car". Put on a Maguiar polymer which goes on quickly and polishes with little effort... But now I'm concerned if a paint coating or film can be applied over that slick polymer. Anyone have experience with this,and what do you recommend?

I'm thinking about bras; paint coatings. But we needed to take our first road trip. Expect loads of sticky bugs hitting the front. First went to several detailing shops in our area, finding none of which had handled a Tesla previously. I was worried about the paint and what materials they would use. One said hand polish only, another said would use lowest speed on buffer, still 1000 RPM. While these places do much of their business with local ICE car dealers, I was still concerned about joy riding if I was not there while this was done - even making sure they knew I could see what was going on at the car from the phone if they moved it.

So, I did it myself, and was a good opportunity to "feel the car". Put on a Maguiar polymer which goes on quickly and polishes with little effort... But now I'm concerned if a paint coating or film can be applied over that slick polymer. Anyone have experience with this,and what do you recommend?

If you will get the coating done professionally, I am pretty sure they will strip off any coating that was added prior to application. I used to Zaino my cars and been very happy with the outcome, but busy life, I have no time to clean.

Let's see some pics!

Aye. I was expecting a "naked" Tesla. No paint or something.

We don't have any dirty pictures of a Tesla...and we don't have any Tesla pictures without any paint...but we do have this picture of a Model S in the process of getting some paint protection film. It is missing its headlights, so in a way...it is a partially "naked" Tesla. I am sure this helps everyone. ;)

IMG_1198.jpg