Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable stability control without disabling ABS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took a new approach to it and now have 5 settings of various traction control slip, with VSC still on, and also a party mode with everything off for those discerning drifters.

Curious if you guys have done any testing (and if so with what results) on how much dialing back (or turning off) TC impacts things like 0-60 times?

though I suppose "proper" testing would end up needing to mix in different tire/wheel combos too- since it seems like with stock TC on stickier or tires don't make any difference to acceleration even on a P let alone slower Model 3s, but probably would matter if TC was turned down?

Curious if you guys have done any testing (and if so with what results) on how much dialing back (or turning off) TC impacts things like 0-60 times?

though I suppose "proper" testing would end up needing to mix in different tire/wheel combos too- since it seems like with stock TC on stickier or tires don't make any difference to acceleration even on a P let alone slower Model 3s, but probably would matter if TC was turned down?

It is winter here right now, but when it warms up we will do this comparison with the stock economy tires, and our sticky RE71's.

@marmot1

I've been enjoying the RWD beta version. They have it back now making some updates, so it will hopefully be ready for prime time soon!

@MountainPass - It would also be great to see a new RWD dyno run with the recent Tesla firmware power improvements. Any chance of that happening?

For sure! We are overdue for that.

Reactions: MoreAgain