Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

disappointed about tesla interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
refreshed model s interior seems like a progressive change, but after several months of usage I think tesla is a little bit conservative.
NIO‘s es7 has already equipped with amoled display, 5g connectivity and UWB, and its voice command is far more usable when compared with tesla(i cant even use tesla voice command to open or close my windows, and some times its voice typing was malfunctioned)

when compare with other ev car makers(such as faraday future, lucid air, even traditional car makers like bmw or mercedes). tesla’s interior looks really ordinary and boring.
8F9BACFB-0B2F-47BA-AAE3-798C7E087146.jpeg

You are correct and while Tesla is "ok" now - simply because they are the only one shipping cars in serious volume - I think this will be a problem in the long run.

At the price point these cars are transacting at, I feel like most consumers expect a nicer interior. If the competitors offer that nicer interior at a similar or lower price, Tesla could have problems down the road. It's another matter entirely if the competition is significantly more expensive, but currently we are not seeing that.

Again... currently it's a non issue because you can buy a Tesla *today* whereas most other alternatives are merely in the concept phase. Tesla will need to continue to innovate aggressively to stay head of the competition because it's coming and these companies are hungry.

refreshed model s interior seems like a progressive change, but after several months of usage I think tesla is a little bit conservative.
NIO‘s es7 has already equipped with amoled display, 5g connectivity and UWB, and its voice command is far more usable when compared with tesla(i cant even use tesla voice command to open or close my windows, and some times its voice typing was malfunctioned)

when compare with other ev car makers(such as faraday future, lucid air, even traditional car makers like bmw or mercedes). tesla’s interior looks really ordinary and boring.
View attachment 835388
I love the current S interior. It's elegant and simple. With the excpetion of the steering wheel, all of the materials feel great and are top notch. That Nio interior is hideous, although not as bad as the interior in the MB EQS. They are all just so gaudy and overdone. I don't know if the S's displays are OLED or not, but the black levels on them are ridiuclously good if they are LCDs. At night you can't see the edge of the screen. Why would you want to use a voice command to open the windows? One of the few acutal buttons left in the S opens the windows, far better than having to use a voice command.

The only real issue I have with the current S is the awful software. Perhaps they will fix that in the future.

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2 and jebinc
At the price point these cars are transacting at, I feel like most consumers expect a nicer interior. If the competitors offer that nicer interior at a similar or lower price, Tesla could have problems down the road. It's another matter entirely if the competition is significantly more expensive, but currently we are not seeing that.
You hit on one of the reasons why the wife says she prefers to buy the Lyriq for a decent price. But, some people won't like that car either.

I was pleasantly surprised with the interior. I like it. The materials are nice and it’s well put together with no noises. That all being said, I bought my S for the performance. If you need a more upscale interior, go buy the EQS.

Reactions: tm1v2
The interior of my S is quite satisfactory, with wood grain clear across the dash and a huge display that sits commanding the attention with easy to see maps and information. Add to that, my Tesla has a 400-mile range not surpassed by most other electric vehicles. Add to those facts the point that Tesla's been at this game for years, not months, and that it's American made, not made by a ten-year-old in some foreign country. I've owned my share of Toyotas, too, and can't fault them, but I'm glad my car is made here.

I just followed a BMW EV up the hill from St. Helena, and I was not impressed. Of course, Teslas cost more, but I still say you get what you pay for.

• Disagree
Reactions: AMPd

View attachment 835388
right. i mean adding a stupid screen in the back that you have to contort your head down to the ground to see what such a BIG upgrade for all of us. what a joke.

i do quite like the simplistic look though. the picture above is so confusing and convoluted. BMW and MERC all have too many buttons. Porsche has about 387 too many buttons.