Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in Tesla's pricing on paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see what you did there. Don't paint Tesla so darkly....

I ALSO SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

If my white Tesla is named Stormtrooper.. what will my Black one be? :D

My intention was to communicate that demand still outstrips production. We can infer that based on price moves. Those who want a Model 3 - it wont get any cheaper. At least not anytime this year.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and brianman
he as a user has racked up a collective 700+ disagrees if you look at his profile. He obviously gets off on posting outrageous things on the TMC.

I'm not a professional troll, I'm just right. At least I think I am.

Attachments

• ineptitude.jpg
    ineptitude.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
@tpham07

Oh look. WRX kid showed up to downvote on schedule.

Don’t get me wrong, I love scoobys and owned the first year they came to the states. Loved them even though they had dodge neon lights.

I grew up at some point and got an appropriate vehicle that does grown ups things however.

yeah i remember the time when i had to pay for gasoline in order to travel...

oh sorry, thats "petrol" for the Australians, even though the chemical compound is aptly named gasoline. lol, and petrol is just short for petroleum which is a naturally occurring liquid found in rocks.

your saying solid white would be much more difficult?

Again the problem isn't that there is a $2k paint option, it's that non black is a minimum of $1500 more.

Umm, Tesla doesn't OFFER a solid white paint option.

Solid Kitchen green would probably be as cheap as Black too but...

Just saying.

Oh, and no one said that in the free market, "You get what you pay for", but they do say "You pay for what you get". Either way, you don't have to get it. That's the beauty of a free market system.

Supply and demand baby. I HAPPILY paid for my Multi-coat paint job because I felt the look was worth more than the money I spent and Tesla felt the money was worth more than the effort it took them to make it so.

@tpham07

Oh look. WRX kid showed up to downvote on schedule.

Don’t get me wrong, I love scoobys and owned the first year they came to the states. Loved them even though they had dodge neon lights.

I grew up at some point and got an appropriate vehicle that does grown ups things however.

WRX owners seem to take it more personally then others when the 3 torches them.

oh sorry, thats "petrol" for the Australians, even though the chemical compound is aptly named gasoline. lol, and petrol is just short for petroleum which is a naturally occurring liquid found in rocks.

Petrol isn't short for petroleum, it _was_ the English word for petroleum. It came through French, petrole, part of "essence de petrole".

The use of the word for gasoline was coined by a couple of German scientists. Germans call petroleum Erdoel so had no compunction in borrowing from the Greek for something new. Since refined product would have replaced use of crude it was easy to re-use the name.

Americans used gasolene, presumably because of the evaporation, rather than luxolene for being a light fraction. But, the word gas comes from Danish, meaning chaos, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Value is willingness to pay. Period

Tulip bulbs, bitcoin, Tesla’s, Justin beiber concert tickets, iPhones, MacBooks, peter Luger porterhouse steaks etc.

Buy a Bolt if paint costs is the overriding factor. :)
Why does that whole list seem insane until you mentioned Peter Luger? Well, I guess that means now I’m a Beleiber

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
Tesla used to have a Solid White option, until they realized it wasn't PROFITABLE.

a Model S/X is still cheaper as the PUP is now standard and since more people were ordering it than not, they were paying more 3 months ago then the would today.

Also whats the problem with Tesla wanting to be profitable? Do you want the company to go bankrupt? Good luck getting your car serviced ever again and say goodbye to that supercharger network.

Reactions: MXWing