Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. They're terrible at ordering and logistics, and responding to email. I would suggest twitter; they seem more responsive there, as I got responses much more timely when sent via Twitter (posting publicly) vs. email sent at the same time.

My order was after yours and it finally shipped on October 2nd after being told it would ship "by September 30." I missed the mailman, but looks like it's actually here - just need to go get the package at the post office now.

The bummer part for you is you may not be able to dispute the charge depending on the terms of your credit card issuer. Most have a 60-day or 2-billing cycle official policy to dispute charges appearing on a statement. Assuming they charged you right when you ordered on July 5, you're right around 90 days.
@ryanjm has an incentive, but perhaps he should tone down the pushing or at least warn his listeners as to what to expect.

I'm very sorry to hear of your trouble with them. I had no issues in my personal, ordering-as-a-regular-customer transactions with them, and I can count the number of complaints I've heard from my listeners on less than one hand of the dozens and dozens of people that have ordered through my link.

I don't say that to discount your experience in any way whatsoever, nor am I suggesting that Jeda is perfect. But the overwhelming majority of folks seem to get on just fine with them. Remember, everything is always magnified on a forum (i.e. how most people post about problems and very few post that "Everything is fine today...again!" :)

You said you already canceled your order, but @acroberts if you want to PM me your IRL name I'd be happy to poke my Jeda contact and see if I can be of help.

Cheers!

@ryanjm Once again, appreciate your contributions to this community and offering to reach out on behalf of us.

My issue is they charge your card before shipping the product, which although is not illegal, it is generally frowned upon and a sign of poor business practices. I've also heard it's against FTC and Visa/Mastercard merchant rules to charge a card and not ship within 30 days without contacting the customer and providing an opportunity to cancel.

I've also heard it's against FTC and Visa/Mastercard merchant rules to charge a card and not ship within 30 days without contacting the customer and providing an opportunity to cancel.
In fairness, when they sent out the email about the shipping delay on the USB hub, their web site continued to have a clear cancellation and returns policy; you could have emailed to cancel the order at any time.

Got my Labor Day combo sale on Friday (Wireless pad + spacer + USB hub). Enjoying it so far:

20191004_222921.jpg

20191004_223111.jpg

Jeda allows me to still charge my iPhone 7 while wireless charging my Note 10+
image0.jpg

Last edited:
Now I just need to find a VERY short right-angle micro-USB cable. The 6" one I ordered (the shortest I could find!) was still too long.
There are places out there that will custom make pretty much any type of cable you can think of, to completely custom specs.

It has been years since I used my go-to supplier of such things, so I doubt I can find a link quickly, but I'll see what I can find and get back to you.

As you can imagine, having someone custom make you a cable is quite a bit more money, but IMO it's worth it. You can also hand make your own USB cables, if that's something you're comfortable doing.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Now I just need to find a VERY short right-angle micro-USB cable. The 6" one I ordered (the shortest I could find!) was still too long.
Here's one place I found that'll do custom USB cables. Using their quick configurator, the shortest they'll do is one foot. I also don't see an option for a 90 degree plug. BUT, they do say that they'll custom make any cable you want if you contact them.

I may end up giving them a try once I finally order the Jeda hub, but the wife says that has to wait for Christmas. :(

Edit: I spoke too soon. Check out this place. Using their custom configurator, you can design exactly what you need for your Jeda hub, including 90 degree angles and as short as a 4 inch cable length. You can even select which orientation you want on the 90 degree head. That may not make sense until you actually look at the head configurator. Once you do, you'll be amazed by all the different orientations you can select. Looks pretty nice.

The 4" cord is a bit misleading, though, as the 4" is the TOTAL length, not just the length of the cord. So tip to tip, 4".

They allow you to choose what type of wire you want, too. Coiled, high temp, high flex, etc.

I just spec'd out a 4" high flex with USB A male 90 on the one end, and micro USB male 90 on the other end with a "left" orientation, and it was $65(!). Price dropped to fifty bucks with standard wire.

I also found a really nice guide to making your own USB cables.

Last edited:
BTW, my Jeda USB Hub is defective......if I try to charge two phones simultaneously my Tesla Dashcam turns off....just sent them the following email. I was a late September order as well.

Hello Jeda,

I recently installed my Jeda USB Hub with the Jeda Wireless pad but see that my Tesla USB Dashcam turns off if I attempt to charge two phones at the same time. I never had this issue with my previous USB hub.

I can charge 1 phone or the other but not both at the same time. The moment I put on both phones the Dashcam icon disappears. As soon as I remove a phone the Dashcam icon reappears. I never had this issue with my previous USB hub.

JEDA USB Hub Configuraiton fromt Left (1) to Right (4)

Port 1 Type A - Unconnected
Port 2 Type A - Connected to iPhone 7 (Wired)
Port 3 Type C - Conected to Jeda Wireless Pad
Port 4 Type C - Conected to Jeda Wireless Pad
Port 5 Type A (hidden) - Tesla Dashcam - Samsung T5 SSD (500 GB)

Jeda Wireless Pad:
Left Coil - Samsung Note 10+
Bottom Coil - Empty
Right Coil - Empty

*EDIT*

Just found on a forum post it could be due to my configuration:
JEDA Model 3 USB Hub
I got mine as well. Ordered on July 19, shipped on September 25 and delivered on September 27. Two observations:
  1. The USB-A port on the left seem to be directly connected to the left USB plug, while the other four ports are connected to the actual USB hub. This means that it isn't a good idea to use the two USB-C ports for phone charging, as they are sharing power.
  2. All the USB-A ports are upside-down, including the one in the secret compartment. Took me a while to figure out why my cables and SD card reader wouldn't fit.

Last edited:
Mine finally came but the wireless pad doesn't seem aligned right for my phone (pixel 3 no case). It works fine if I put the phone upside down. If I put it right side up it doesn't recognize. But if I carefully place it a bit higher on the mat and then let it slide down, it works. Not sure how much power it gets in that case.

They're support is responsive but no solution yet.

Mine finally came but the wireless pad doesn't seem aligned right for my phone (pixel 3 no case). It works fine if I put the phone upside down. If I put it right side up it doesn't recognize. But if I carefully place it a bit higher on the mat and then let it slide down, it works. Not sure how much power it gets in that case.

I have sort of a similar issue as what you have described, except mine is with an iPhone 8. See my other thread here: Problem with new Jeda wireless pad... anyone heard of or experienced this?
I contacted Jeda a week ago (last Wednesday) about it and even sent them videos to demonstrate the problems. Still waiting for a definitive reply and remedy from Jeda. Apparently, others who have the exact same phone as me, are not experiencing the same problems. Therefore, one can logically/reasonably conclude that my particular Jeda pad is defective. I’m not sure why Jeda is taking so long to realize this and simply ship me a new replacement. Not impressed by their customer service...

• Informative
Reactions: leeeeee
Does anyone know where to get that really fine velcro that Tesla uses on their accessories, like the charger bag and the tire repair kit? I'd like to stick a small piece to the back of the Jeda Hub so I can't easily just pull the whole hub out when I'm trying to pull out one of the USB devices plugged in. (I did this today disconnecting the game controller)

That's interesting; I have a Pixel 3 XL (with a case) and all three spots (left, right, landscape) work perfectly. Maybe they aligned the coils for larger phones?

So I tried switching cases last night to an older one (which had trouble fitting in the stock Tesla dock) I had that was just a teensy bit thicker/taller and while it fits fine, I tried closing my phone dock cover and the phone got STUCK in-between the dock and the top cover lol....took me a while to get it out forcing it....

I ordered the hub, charger and the spacer on October 3rd. Received a confirmation email and that was it. Sent an email yesterday to their support team and a few hours later received a shipping email. Coincidence? I'm strongly leaning towards no....

I bought some USB-C cables for a few things and now this hub is perfect. I've got my charge pad connected to the two USB-A ports, my Echo Auto connected to one of the USB-C ports and the other one is open to support either a game controller, which I bought a 6' USB-C to USB-A Micro cable for, or to power the Apple camera adapter I bought so I can connect the SSD directly to my iPhone if there is ever a sentry/dashcam event I need to review immediately.