Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were some complaints about the Jeda Qi charger preventing one from lifting the cell phone.. tray? shelf? to access the USB ports (or in my case, hub). I have found this not to be the case, happily. Also, the hub and Qi charger continue to work flawlessly, with the one caveat that I have nearly left my phone (i. e. my car key) in the car several times now. If you're absent-minded like me, don't close the cover while your phone is charging: out of sight, out of mind.

There were some complaints about the Jeda Qi charger preventing one from lifting the cell phone.. tray? shelf? to access the USB ports (or in my case, hub). I have found this not to be the case, happily. Also, the hub and Qi charger continue to work flawlessly, with the one caveat that I have nearly left my phone (i. e. my car key) in the car several times now. If you're absent-minded like me, don't close the cover while your phone is charging: out of sight, out of mind.

Yeah I can’t really use the charger because I will leave the phone in the car. It'll be useful on long trips, but I don’t take many of those.

I emailed them and they said they ship the hub in 3 weeks. I received a shipment notification on saturday and it was exactly 3 weeks to the day. It's hard when companies are like this when you have abstract ocean that ships same day on their items.

Reactions: pete8314
Which part? That it's unfortunate they're not good at proactive contact? Or that they're good at responding to emails? I got a reply within 24 hours each and every time I sent them an email (which, granted, was an admittedly small sample size of three).

Both. I'm at 5 days and counting waiting for the latest response. And yes, I've sent a reminder.

I ordered a bundle from Jeda 3 weeks ago, but didn't realize that the USB hub was back-ordered for 2-3 weeks at the time (I suppose that's my own fault for not knowing until I stumbled upon their Shipping page days after the fact. But typically, you'd think that vendor sites would put the back-order status directly on the product page). Anyways, because the hub is back-ordered, they wouldn't be shipping the wireless charger either until hub is available. Eventually, I got sick of waiting for the wireless charger and went with Taptes instead (turnaround time between order and delivery was 2 days - yay!). I've asked Jeda to now just charge me for and ship just the USB hub instead. And so here I am, trying to figure out if Jeda really needs me to fully cancel my previous order and re-order just the hub (and lose my place in the queue) or if I could still get the hub (which should be here by now) and we can deal with the partial refund. I just don't understand why they couldn't have modified the order in the system.

That's simultaneously interesting and frustrating to read. And interestingly I did get a couple things from Taptes -- just not the Qi charger -- and the darn things took forever to ship, and once they did, they took forever to get here for they were loaded on a literal slow boat from China. I'd say that every company has its ups and downs, but Jeda really needs to figure out their customer service game; there I will certainly not disagree.

You guys know you can buy the taptes charger on amazon right? Mine shipped in a day.

I thought I would update with Jeda. I ordered the hub and three weeks to the day I received a shipment notification on a saturday. Didnt get picked up until monday and wont be delivered until christmas eve. I believe they ship on horseback. In all fairness its coming from CA to NC. I hope this thing works well because I do not want to deal with them again.

You guys know you can buy the taptes charger on amazon right? Mine shipped in a day.

I thought I would update with Jeda. I ordered the hub and three weeks to the day I received a shipment notification on a saturday. Didnt get picked up until monday and wont be delivered until christmas eve. I believe they ship on horseback. In all fairness its coming from CA to NC. I hope this thing works well because I do not want to deal with them again.

Yup, that's what I ended up doing. It was a little bit more expensive than buying from Taptes directly, but the 2-day turnaround was worth it.
It's also much less expensive than Jeda's pad.

I got my charger last night, but It's kinda meh. I ordered the spacer too so my wife can charge her pixel 2.
1) Unfortunately the pixel 2 and the pixel 4 are both too big to use the USB-C charging jacks with a slim case on the phones. I guess the Jedda pushes the connectors farther forward than the factory USB-C connectors. So now the phone will need to be taken out of the case to charge quicker.
2) the wireless charging is slow 700ma... Is there a way to make it faster like you can with other wifi chargers? I might see if I can return it or just eat the cost of buying another charger that can charge faster. I played with using a battery bank as a power source but it did not charge any faster than ~700ma wireless. The 1400ma you get from the factory usb-c's is already slow, my battery bank can charge twice as fast!
3) The you can't leave the USB-C in place and set the phone in the wireless dock. Before I could put my phone in the dock without plugging in the USB-C, but now it simply will not fit. So I can only have either or. (one side setup for wireless the other is USB-C which can't be used without removing your phone from the case).