Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Jeda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For now I just went back to wired charging using the dock and cables the car comes with. I guess this is the best bet for pixel 4 / pixel 4 xl since the charging pads for the car seem to be extremely slow or not supported?

Make sure you get yourself a Navak splitter - that'll be your best bet. You plug it into the USB port on the Model 3, and it puts out 2.1A on the "charging" port and 400mA on the "data" port. Works extremely well! The default splitters that come with all the charging pads (Jeda/Taptes/Nomad/et al) will only put out 1A per side.

Order the Navak here - he was nice enough to include 15% off coupons for TMC members! -- Custom USB splitter solution for M3

my solution is a lighter plug that supplies usb-c 'pd' mode and just run a wire from there to your phones.

the other thing I'm not seeing people talk about - and they should know about it - is the usb magnetic 'apple like' plugs. I use them a lot:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q9YKH6X

they come with 3 types of magnetic endpoints and you can buy more. NOTE: there are several competing types (different magnetic polarity and pinouts, so be sure your 'nibs' that you buy, as extras, match the cable you bought. look for the series name (often called gen10 or gen-x but there are others).

they use spring 'pogo pins' and strong magnetic ring around the plugs and its even reversable (like usb-c even if you have a usb-micro or apple style plug connected). they have a light on the end which is also nice and useful.

I leave the usb-c plug in my phone and I have the compatible cables at home and work and in the car. makes life easy and a direct wire from a usb power-delivery lighter plug is about as good as you can get, for QC3.0 charging and any other vendor standard that the lighter plug 'pd' supports.

if/when the lighter plug wears out, just buy another. I like keeping all that separate from the front two DATA ports.

Ordered Jeda Wireles Pad and Hub on 12/24. Received on 1/15. Installed it last night and everything is working great so far. Fit and finish are great. Took a few tries to get the hub installed since the fit is so tight and lining it up with the 2 USB ports was hit and miss. My Samsung T5 was recognized by my car as soon as the hub was plugged in. Like the touch of including a metal plate to secure the drive in the secret compartment. My iPhone X started to charge instantly on both side of the Wireless Pad. Time will tell if Jeda builds a quality product but I'm happy so far and love the clean look.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
"The SSDS magnets that can be fixed and not included."
I can't tell if it comes with the adhesive backed magnet or not. Kind of sounds like it doesn't.

English does not seem to be their strong suit.

Okay, great. I can check. But is it compatible? (I mean almost definitely yes, but as written it leaves the question unanswered)

It is coming from Hong Kong. I ordered one and ETA is 1-2 weeks.

Unfortunately that was on 12v, tested with on two different fast chargers. At this point, I think it's an issue with the pixel 4. Any chance you've been able to get it to fast charge on anything other than the pixel stand?

12v output? the key with the taptes is that you have to plug it into an adapter that can output 9v (basically QC 2.0 or QC 3.0) in order to get fast charging. if you're plugging a "fast charger" into the 12v outlet in the car but it's only 5v / 2.4a output, that won't work.

i can confirm with mine that it fast charges my pixel 3 (even with the root hack you have to do on it to enable fast charging) at 1100 mA or so when plugged into a QC 3.0 adapter. anything at 5v (which includes both the front USB ports and/or even a 5v / 2.4amp charger plugged into the cigarette lighter) won't fast charge.

I ordered a USB Hub from Jeda on April 26, 2022. After a few weeks, I inquired as to the delivery date. They told me it would ship late May. It is now July and I have not received my order. I have contacted them multiple times and have received no further update. They simply do not respond to any attempt at communication. I’m on the verge of disputing the charge on my credit card. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Am I being unrespasonable? I’m no longer comfortable buying anything from this company.

I won't buy anything from Jeda again because of their terrible customer service. I've emailed them 4 times about an issue with my just purchased wireless pad and they haven't replied. And they don't have a phone number to call, that should have been my first red flag!.

So earlier this year (Feb) I ordered a new Model 3. In early March I ordered the Jeda USB Hub for the refreshed center console. After waiting for 3 MONTHS to get the item, I plug it all in and the watch charger accessory doesn't work.

Contacted JEDA support at least 4x. They finally responded and asked me to fill out an online form. Which I promptly did. Another week or 2 goes by. I send them another email and they respond a few days later asking me to fill out an online form. I politely replied that I had already completed the form.

Now...complete ghosting. Zero response from them after numerous attempts to get this resolved. Their customer service has gone right down the toilet. My advice...AVOID JEDA products because if you get one that doens't work...you're *sugar* out of luck.

FWIW, I had similar experience in July 2021. Waited months for a USB hub and wireless charging pad, chasing weekly but getting nothing from customer support.

In the end I was going to reverse the charge, told them so, and the items arrived a few days later.

The hub was wrong, with a USB C connector (I ordered the correct one for my 2020) and the wireless charging pad included a necessary replacement trim piece that simply didn't fit.

I complained, got no response. Asked for a return address, got no response. Repeated that process several times.

After months of frustration I finally disputed the charge and lodged a BBB complaint.

Soon after, I received an email of apologies and excuses from the founder, got my money back and was told to keep the items, which are in my basement somewhere...

It's disappointing to hear that a year later they haven't improved.