Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discounts ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I’m really considering on getting a model 3 to save on some gas being I drive about 50 miles each way to an from work.

I’ve seen videos and seen stories on here of people getting some good discounts or incentives. Some of those have been on inventory car with some miles on them.

I tried to do the same and was told by a rep that nobody gets discounts not even on inventory cars, the price listed is the price paid.

I even asked if they had first responders/ military discounts and being an American company I figured they have that and was told no.

I saw some post here that some people have connections that could possible help get a great deal and was wondering if they would be willing to share someone info or the connection so I may self can join the Tesla club.

Thank you

OK, here's the deal...Backgrnd info..we bought in Aug & 2 wks later in Chicago took delivery Model X
at close to the end of each quarter Elon gets very interested in numbers of sold vehicles to impact his quarterly numbers...so, he sometimes adds some interest...they are low to call them incentives, but....when went in looking at the cars 2 wks before purchase...no free SC...when we bought late Aug..one of the myriad of peeps you work with said as he was writing up the sale.."oh, there is free SC now" Elon is a piece of work...but for sure avg peeps don't create wonders like he has!! Know of no deals other than inventory movers so to speak..then as is with others it's usually when sales need to pick up. Check out the model specs b4 you accept a deal..prolly not any older models around but you never know...They I believe changed out the MCU and the # you want a MCU2 not 1
good luck
any of the cars are a bundle of fun!!

Reactions: KerryOH
Several months ago a friend ordered a RWD online. The local Tesla store called and said they had the same config in stock, except AWD. Since he didn’t really care about AWD, they knocked a couple K off the price to meet in the middle.

Also, at the end of quarters, Tesla has had assorted special offers to move stuff. Free supercharging, certain options, etc. But this is the final quarter of the $1875 tax credit, so time this right.

You also might get a “discount” by buying a used car.

You're saying the right word "Incentives". Go to the shop and say you're looking for inventory cars with incentives. There's literally a line on the MVPA for "Price Adjustments" and that's where these incentives go.

They might not have any currently available, but it certainly happens.

Happened to me.

Been lurking on here for a while thinking about the same question as we are thinking to pull the trigger on ordering a M3. We plan to wait until December to try and catch the end of quarter deals, or end of year if there is such. There doesn't seem to be much local inventory.

Just be sure you work it to take delivery during 2019 or you'll miss the US tax credit. Unless the incentive is worth more than that!

the Federal tax credit is only good to you if you owe money, not everyone does. Now if you live in Colorado and register it here and don’t owe any money then it’s a legit check in the mail when you file taxes!

Just be careful with this being misinterpreted. You don't need to owe at the end of the year to get the credit -- you just need to have a total tax burden during the entire year.

Factual. I’m just saying I don’t think most people should buy a car when it’s been cut down again to under a grand? People should schedule a test drive, these cars sell themselves.

Factual. I’m just saying I don’t think most people should buy a car when it’s been cut down again to under a grand? People should schedule a test drive, these cars sell themselves.
Well, it's $1,875 now and then goes to zero on Jan 1. I'd imagine there will be a slight price drop (~$875) once the tax credit completely expires though.