Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discretionary Commission Arrangements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSE could have been clearer on the no list.

As for Black Horse:

Interesting. The video Martin Lewis posted on X had a specific section they showed on screen where companies had confirmed the had now DCA and Black Horse was definitely listed.

They’d be in trouble with the ombudsman if they said they hadn’t when I’m fancy they had.

Might be worth me filling the paperwork on for my BlackHorse PCP then.

Reactions: David Harvey
I've had a reply from VWFS asking me for info to confirm I am the same person that had the policy. All well and good, except they ask for the agreement term and monthly payment - would be fine if the agreement wasnt from 11 years ago... 🤦🏻‍♂️
Interesting tack by VWFS to try and make it harder.

I’ve got one with them, 7 with BMW and 1 with Black Horse all submitted.

Given all the checks you have to complete to get finance, I’ll be telling them I am definitely the same customer….look I even have the same bank account….now toddle off and calculate my compensation thank you

I bought a car (from a dealer, ages ago). Can you explain this please?

I was a cash buyer. Dealer offered me 0% finance over 3 years. I said "I'm happy to pay cash, upfront. What's the discount for cash?"

Absolutely no discount for cash. Well OK, fair enough, I'll take the finance.

So I had the use of the money, over 3 years, and the finance company was without the use of that money ...

So my question is: How was money made?
I'll tell you now, 0%...you are owed and will get sweet FA. No matter what commission was made (it will be none), you lost nothing so you are owed nothing. The FCA are interested in one thing and one thing only. Did you pay a higher rate when you could have been offered a lower one. If yes, you'll likely get the difference. In your case...

Last edited:
Reactions: Js1977
Just got this from Black Horse…

“We’ve received your request

Dear Customer

We’ve received your request to check if there was a discretionary commission arrangement on your motor finance agreement with us. We’re experiencing a high number of enquiries at the moment and it’s taking longer than usual for us to respond.

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If we need further information, we’ll get in touch with you using the contact details you’ve provided.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this for you.

Yours sincerely
Customer Services”

Dear Customer

We’ve received your request to check if there was a discretionary commission arrangement on your motor finance agreement with us. We’re experiencing a high number of enquiries at the moment and it’s taking longer than usual for us to respond.

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If we need further information, we’ll get in touch with you using the contact details you’ve provided.

Yours sincerely
Customer Services”
Ditto - amazing it landed just before of the Martin Lewis show aired 🙄

Dear Customer

Yours sincerely
Customer Services”
Yesterday received the same email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Farquad

Dear Customer

Yours sincerely
Customer Services”
Ditto

Dear Customer

Yours sincerely
Customer Services”
Same here

Reactions: David Harvey
Most of mine they seem to be trying to worm their way out of it. The majority of them have replied with "We could not find a record of your agreement" despite me providing agreement numbers as part of the initial information I offer up.

Be interesting to see how many others fine this, or if I am just SOL.