Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received the Tuxmats in the mail aka Phantom if ordered via Costco. At this time, I cannot comment on fitment until M3LR arrives but these sure beat the Weather Tech set on my previous vehicle for coverage alone. If there are any possible downsides, it will be the clips and how quickly the mats can be removed for cleaning due to how much coverage they have.
Any insights to how these mats fit?

Any insights to how these mats fit?
Here you go, these are how these mats currently appear on my M3, dirt and all so you can make an informed call. Unfortunately, I have my camera gear occupying the trunk and under trunk and I do not have images to share. As you can see, I have the mix of Phantom and Tuxmats but they are one and the same. I am happy to state the combo does save money if you are not picky about labels. In terms of fitment, the frunk and under-trunk Tuxmats had no issues. The way the trunk mat was shipped was rolled so it needed a few days to even out. Fitment was exact and snug with no additional snaps needed to keep in place. Coverage areas well-exceeded expectations. No chemical smell to lessen the new car smell people wish to preserve. The interior Phantom coverage and fitment matched that of the Tuxmats. The mats themselves are more pliable and less rigid, think thick leather. There are pros and cons with this that I can see, big pro is that they are easier to mold to the footwell and they feel softer under your feet. The cons are that they are less rigid so removing them without spilling sand, water, etc may be more difficult. The rear mats were easier to install vs the front driver and passenger mats generally due to the shape of the area being covered. I needed two velcro snaps to ensure that the mat ends between the door and seat were secure. This also speaks to the level of coverage these mats have. This ensures that the rear mats are very easily removed. This leaves the driver and front passenger mats. I ended up using a few velcro snaps to pin the edge by the center console and under the glove box and the overlap between the seat and the door. On the driver's side, velcro snap was used to pin the dead pedal, accelerator and along the edge by the center console and one last snap for the overlap between the seat and the door. They did not joke that these mats cover large areas of the footwells! For light soil, just wipe them clean with a wet terry towel, you need not have to remove them. It's likely they will be caked with mud and salt by the end of the winter and must be removed and washed, but I don't see that to be an extreme issue with the majority of the mats except the fronts. Admittedly, the fronts will like take a few more minutes to remove and install, but you gain it all back in the overall coverage, lessened dirt deposited and are firmly in place on the floor of the vehicle. I don't even know what the carpets look like anymore :p - Best of luck with your mats selection and purchase.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 308
Here you go, these are how these mats currently appear on my M3, dirt and all so you can make an informed call. Unfortunately, I have my camera gear occupying the trunk and under trunk and I do not have images to share. As you can see, I have the mix of Phantom and Tuxmats but they are one and the same. I am happy to state the combo does save money if you are not picky about labels. In terms of fitment, the frunk and under-trunk Tuxmats had no issues. The way the trunk mat was shipped was rolled so it needed a few days to even out. Fitment was exact and snug with no additional snaps needed to keep in place. Coverage areas well-exceeded expectations. No chemical smell to lessen the new car smell people wish to preserve. The interior Phantom coverage and fitment matched that of the Tuxmats. The mats themselves are more pliable and less rigid, think thick leather. There are pros and cons with this that I can see, big pro is that they are easier to mold to the footwell and they feel softer under your feet. The cons are that they are less rigid so removing them without spilling sand, water, etc may be more difficult. The rear mats were easier to install vs the front driver and passenger mats generally due to the shape of the area being covered. I needed two velcro snaps to ensure that the mat ends between the door and seat were secure. This also speaks to the level of coverage these mats have. This ensures that the rear mats are very easily removed. This leaves the driver and front passenger mats. I ended up using a few velcro snaps to pin the edge by the center console and under the glove box and the overlap between the seat and the door. On the driver's side, velcro snap was used to pin the dead pedal, accelerator and along the edge by the center console and one last snap for the overlap between the seat and the door. They did not joke that these mats cover large areas of the footwells! For light soil, just wipe them clean with a wet terry towel, you need not have to remove them. It's likely they will be caked with mud and salt by the end of the winter and must be removed and washed, but I don't see that to be an extreme issue with the majority of the mats except the fronts. Admittedly, the fronts will like take a few more minutes to remove and install, but you gain it all back in the overall coverage, lessened dirt deposited and are firmly in place on the floor of the vehicle. I don't even know what the carpets look like anymore :p - Best of luck with your mats selection and purchase.
Thanks for the review, I was really considering getting these but they were a little out of my price range. I think they look the most high end of any of the floor mats out there and you can't beat that coverage. Looks like it protects everything!

Reactions: Geostatic
Uploading more photos of the front to show how well they fit with no gaps to let crap get underneath, as well as a short video showing the trunk area opening and closing. I like that you don't have to take out the whole thing or try and lift it all up to get to the under trunk storage. Forgot to mention before, they don't have that weird smell you sometimes get with products made from plastics. These had no smell at all, which was a good thing.

The TAPTES floor mats are super easy to clean too. Sprayed some interior cleaner and wiped them down with a microfiber cloth. Look like new again.

They fit the rear seating area great. Really liking these floor mats and super happy I got them!

Video link:

Got mine here for anyone interested: Amazon Link
Appreciate the video. I use the lower trunk area frequently and have been wondering if it would become annoying having a mat on top. Seems like it lifts cleanly. How has it been in your experience? Do you have to push the sides of the mat back down every time you use the lower trunk?

Appreciate the video. I use the lower trunk area frequently and have been wondering if it would become annoying having a mat on top. Seems like it lifts cleanly. How has it been in your experience? Do you have to push the sides of the mat back down every time you use the lower trunk?
Maybe I'm not understanding the question clearly? "Push the sides of the mat back down"? Why would I need to? What would cause them not too?

Maybe I'm not understanding the question clearly? "Push the sides of the mat back down"? Why would I need to? What would cause them not too?
Just meant whether you ever need to push the mat flat again after accessing the lower trunk area. In the video you didn't have to, but potentially the mat could get caught on the edges of the trunk and not lay flat after lowering the lower trunk storage lid back down (which would require you to push the mat back down into place).

Noticed one person mention this which is why I was curious about your experience.

Looking at ordering a set of Husky Liners X-Act Contour all weather floor mats for my M3. They're made of a softer rubber material which I prefer over the harder plastic of mats like Weathertech. I've been really happy with them in my Grand Cherokee. The M3 won't see nearly as much dirt as the Grand, but mud is a real thing during PNW winters.

Can anyone who uses these comment on the fit? Husky only shows the 2021 model year available; did anything change in 2022?

Decided to go ahead with the Taptes mats after reading the reviews here and watching video comparisons. Considering the relatively low price ($130 for 3 piece), I'm reasonably happy with them. However, as many people have mentioned, the fitment is poor on the passenger side for the 2022 Tesla Model 3. Seems like this is a larger issue as most people have great fitment on all mats except the passenger side which was my experience as well.

tl;dr Taptes is good value if you don't mind poor fitment on the passenger side.

Last edited:
Emailed Taptes regarding the poor passenger mat fitment. Wasn't expecting much but ended up surprised by their customer service. I wasn't pushy and thanked the customer service rep in every email. The service rep simply asked for a picture and proactively offered a fairly significant partial refund without me asking for anything.

I know there are plenty of companies reselling nigh identical Tesla products (including these mats), but given this customer service experience I'm inclined to purchase from Taptes again.

Emailed Taptes regarding the poor passenger mat fitment. Wasn't expecting much but ended up surprised by their customer service. I wasn't pushy and thanked the customer service rep in every email. The service rep simply asked for a picture and proactively offered a fairly significant partial refund without me asking for anything.

I know there are plenty of companies reselling nigh identical Tesla products (including these mats), but given this customer service experience I'm inclined to purchase from Taptes again.
I read almost all these mats have fitment Issues for passenger front in the right corner but I just bought basenor 3pc for my 2022 m3lr and they fit perfectly, no corner bulging at all, got ‘‘em on Amazon and it was $110

• Informative
Reactions: NotForResale
I read almost all these mats have fitment Issues for passenger front in the right corner but I just bought basenor 3pc for my 2022 m3lr and they fit perfectly, no corner bulging at all, got ‘‘em on Amazon and it was $110
Yea, I’ve seen pictures of perfect fitment for the Taptes mats as well which is what I was hoping I would receive. These brands probably all get them from the same place and it’s hit or miss whether the passenger side will fit regardless of who you go with.

Ended up being $80 for the 3 mats from Taptes after the refund. I would pay the extra $30 you spent to get the perfect fit, but I’m fine with how this turned out given that the passenger side gap isn’t very noticeable.

checking in again now that I took delivery of my car and have the Taptes mats installed. Perfect fitment and great quality - they don't slide around, I don't see any coverage gaps, all-around great value for 3D Maxpider quality/look for a fraction of the price

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a full set of all weather floor mats for a 2023 model 3? not sure which one i want to go with but the following 3 had great reviews. 3d maxpider, Tesamanian, and Oedro. Which one did you go with? and why? Does a 2022 set fit 2023?

TYIA

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a full set of all weather floor mats for a 2023 model 3? not sure which one i want to go with but the following 3 had great reviews. 3d maxpider, Tesamanian, and Oedro. Which one did you go with? and why? Does a 2022 set fit 2023?

TYIA
I bought Tesmanian after I watched everydaychris’ video in YouTube.

Reactions: Fiveseven108