Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry but these look like a generic fit and not a custom fit like a teslashields mat. The middle part of the 2nd row mat is all curled up and doesn’t look like it fits at all. The drivers has a huge gap on the side and looks like it’s going to slip around. Both the passenger and drivers mat look far too short and don’t have enough coverage. But hey I guess you get for what you pay for🤷‍♀️
@Brittanyp7447 I don't know what you're looking at, or maybe it's just angles, but I took some additional photos for you. The mats fit perfectly to the floor and do not slide.

Regarding the "huge gap on the side", the mats go up from the floor about 2 inches and there's a 1 inch gap between the top of the mat edge and the bottom of the door weatherstripping. To be clear, this is a VERTICAL gap, not a horizontal one. Can you take a similar photo of your Tesla Shields version and measure that distance? Maybe the Tesla Shields ride up "higher" and that may be worth it to some people.

Regarding the "middle part of the 2nd row mat is all curled up", it sits perfectly flat as illustrated by the tape measure's edge. The mat goes right up to the edge of the center console.

I have noted that there is a 1 inch gap between the edge of the rear mat and the front seat rails. What's the gap on the Tesla Shields version?

Having this kind of information allows the community to make an informed and objective decision whether to spend the extra $$$. Isn't the point to actually know what you're getting (and what you're not getting) when you pay for it?

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_082751405.jpg
    IMG_20210808_082751405.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20210808_082705341.jpg
    IMG_20210808_082705341.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20210808_082459891.jpg
    IMG_20210808_082459891.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 147
I’m sorry but these look like a generic fit and not a custom fit like a teslashields mat. The middle part of the 2nd row mat is all curled up and doesn’t look like it fits at all. The drivers has a huge gap on the side and looks like it’s going to slip around. Both the passenger and drivers mat look far too short and don’t have enough coverage. But hey I guess you get for what you pay for🤷‍♀️
The TeslaShields mats definitely do have slightly more coverage on the driver and passenger side in terms of how high up it goes in the forward direction (towards the pedals) than the JFIEEI mats on amazon.

I can't speak for the difference in the quality, but it seems like both have the same 3 layer material (non-slip rubber bottom, foam middle, and TPE/TPR outer surface layer). The middle part of the 2nd row fits perfectly fine for mine too (no curling). As for the huge gap on the driver side, I don't see any. And since it has that non-slip bottom, it won't really slip around anyways. Pretty good for a "generic fit" in my opinion :)

I mainly posted the pictures (as well as 2021srplus) to let other members know about the other options of all weather mats (since it looks like only tshields, tesla oem, and this are really for the 2021 Model 3s), and want to make sure they get an accurate description of how the mats are. If you value having the maximum amount of coverage protection, a lifetime warranty, and instant customer service support, the TeslaShields definitely look like the best option. For me, since I have the regular carpet mats that I can switch back anyways, im fine with the JFIEEI mats.

I wanted to chime in and say that I've received all of the TeslaShields mats for my M3. Floors, Trunk and Frunk. I think fit, feel and quality is great.

With one exception. I'm pretty sure they sent me the frunk mat for the older Model 3 and mine doesn't fit. I reached out and got an initial reply asking for another picture of my empty frunk, but it's been radio silence for several days since. Photos with and without below.

Mostly posting here to see if anyone else got the frunk mat and what their fit is like. A bonus would be any sort of response/update from the TeslaShields folks.

B0A3DCA3-E687-4BFC-919F-1D3502051950.jpg
200A492E-9C7F-4F50-92EA-EA2BC8716B2B.jpg

I have the latest frunk mat and it fits just like yours does. But as I commented above, it seems superfluous in any case. I just pushed mine down to fit as good as possible but I also wouldn't hesitate to take it out if it got in the way. I've use the frunk maybe 3 times in the 6 months I've had the car, and one of those times was to satisfy a kid wanting to use it because she thought it was cool.

I wanted to chime in and say that I've received all of the TeslaShields mats for my M3. Floors, Trunk and Frunk. I think fit, feel and quality is great.

With one exception. I'm pretty sure they sent me the frunk mat for the older Model 3 and mine doesn't fit. I reached out and got an initial reply asking for another picture of my empty frunk, but it's been radio silence for several days since. Photos with and without below.

Mostly posting here to see if anyone else got the frunk mat and what their fit is like. A bonus would be any sort of response/update from the TeslaShields folks.

View attachment 694270View attachment 694271
Hello,
Please reply with your order number and we will be right with you. Please note that we have compiled a list of everyone that has received an incorrect frunk (only 15 so far) and will be ordering more frunks and shipping them out to those affected free of cost!

Reactions: oreobbq
Hi everyone, this might be a silly question but I'll ask. I ordered my 3SR+ a week ago - I know I need the mats for the interior. However, what are the Pros/Cons to having Mats for the Frunk/Trunk? Not sure what they might bring to the table other than the cost. Thanks!

Hi everyone, this might be a silly question but I'll ask. I ordered my 3SR+ a week ago - I know I need the mats for the interior. However, what are the Pros/Cons to having Mats for the Frunk/Trunk? Not sure what they might bring to the table other than the cost. Thanks!
Other than the cost, the only real con is making it more difficult to access (1) the tow hook in the frunk and (2) the lower storage compartment in the trunk.

Reactions: Wildcat84
what are the Pros/Cons to having Mats for the Frunk/Trunk?
Another con is: If don't actually want them for preventing the trunk carpet or frunk floor from getting soiled or wet, then you're just hauling around "dead" weight. Any amount of weight reduction helps with range (though maybe only slightly in this case).

Another con is that you'll loose a very small amount of storage space due the space that the mats themselves occupy.

Last edited:
Another con is: If don't actually want them for preventing the trunk carpet or frunk floor from getting soiled or wet, then you're just hauling around "dead" weight.
Thank you. Is the Frunk/Trunk getting wet that big of a problem in the M3? I've read some reviews where water can seep into the Frunk/Trunk because of poor gaps, and what not - in your opinion is this is a common occurrence and thus something I should be preventing or is it a one-off problem? Thanks again!

I've read some reviews where water can seep into the Frunk/Trunk because of poor gaps, and what not - in your opinion is this is a common occurrence and thus something I should be preventing or is it a one-off problem?
My M3 is only a few months old and has only been driven in moderate rain once for a short time, so I've had no experience with leakage from outside. I was more considering spillage from things you're carrying.

Many of our customers report that they have objects that they put in their car and they want to minimize them from moving around which is why our trunk and frunk has a grippy texture on the outside. Our trunk mat has a 6 pack look on the trunk because in the event of a spill, the liquid goes between the lines so the object is not soaking in water. Furthermore, our mats have a slight bowl shape so liquid does not spill outside the mats.

Attachments

• 8129C95A-DF0B-4CEB-B538-6598DF4D022A.png
    8129C95A-DF0B-4CEB-B538-6598DF4D022A.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 120
  • CD5AC345-C988-4052-A9F9-C9FE51B5B134.png
    CD5AC345-C988-4052-A9F9-C9FE51B5B134.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat84
Hello,
Please reply with your order number and we will be right with you. Please note that we have compiled a list of everyone that has received an incorrect frunk (only 15 so far) and will be ordering more frunks and shipping them out to those affected free of cost!
When do you expect the 2021 M3 Mays to be back in stock?

Just so you know, I've ordered a set of Tesla Shields 2021 floor mats and trunk/frunk mats but the floor mats were the "Wave 2 Preorder Sale" which at the time were stated to have an August ship date. I have no idea when they'll actually ship. The trunk/frunk mats are on the same order so will be shipped along with the floor mats.
please send me your order number and I will get you squared away. Please note that “august ship” which will commence at the end of the month is when our next batch and orders ship from our factory. It takes around 4-8 weeks for orders to arrive since they’re being shipped by boat.

My order number was 2112 for the frunk mat. Is there some marking, part # or whatever on the mat itself that would tell you which one I have that I could report back? As I indicated in my post above though, no great rush on it.