Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR - 7 Seater
Ordered: 04/24
VIN: 05/18 (PF7869)
Delivery: 06/02

HW3

The advisor replied to my text ahead of time and told me it was HW3 so I had a heads up. Confirmed today at delivery. I have no complaints. I drove home with it on autopilot in 45 minutes stop and go traffic and it worked great. Didn't buy FSD or Enhanced. Sure....I was a little bummed it didn't have HW4 after all of the news articles and VIN tracking, but when I ordered I didn't even know what the heck HW3 was (let alone HW4). I'm a complete newb to Tesla. Happy to finally join the club today!

MYLR - 7 Seater

HW3

The advisor replied to my text ahead of time and told me it was HW3 so I had a heads up. Confirmed today at delivery. I have no complaints. I drove home with it on autopilot in 45 minutes stop and go traffic and it worked great. Didn't buy FSD or Enhanced. Sure....I was a little bummed it didn't have HW4 after all of the news articles and VIN tracking, but when I ordered I didn't even know what the heck HW3 was (let alone HW4). I'm a complete newb to Tesla. Happy to finally join the club today!
Welcome friend!

Thanks for this!

I can park... it's driving in heavy rain or snow that worries me :)

Subtracting noise from an image is hella complicated... for example rain and snow in gusting wind is probably not plain and simple gaussian noise. I feel like when VIsion gives up, that radar would be super useful in warning the driver about a stationary/slowing object in their path. This should be possible because even good ole (20th century) radar is far less occluded by rain or snow than vision.

SO... do you know whether you have radar behind the front bumper?
I used the open source ADAS "OpenPilot" for a while on my Lexus. It is a single vision system and performs remarkably well in very inclement weather. There were numerous occasions where it could see the lines better than I could.

Reactions: bin/etc and WyoDude
MYLR - 7 Seater

HW3

In the same boat. Does it suck to be one of last to receive a very old system? Yep, but if the car is well put together I've decided to accept it. If it has issues it will be easy reject.

Reactions: mark02115
Thanks for sharing. Can you share more info:

Exterior / Interior Color
Wheel type 19/20
Tow hitch Y/N

And your location?
Do you get bumped up in the queue because others rejected it?
It helps others to debug their chance of getting HW3/4.
Midnight silver
19 inch
No tow hitch

DC Area. No bump in delivery timeline. Was consistently May-June, then smaller window was 05/31-06/08. Final delivery ended up being 06/02

Reactions: WyoDude
Midnight silver
19 inch
No tow hitch

DC Area. No bump in delivery timeline. Was consistently May-June, then smaller window was 05/31-06/08. Final delivery ended up being 06/02

Thank you. It actually makes sense, given your location. Tesla would assign VIN after the vehicle is confirmed to ship to DC, so your vehicle has an earlier production date than a vehicle delivered to a location closer to CA even though the delivery date is around the same period. For potential buyers further away from the factory, It is getting close but it might be prudent to wait for 1-2 weeks to get higher HW4 saturation.

Hey folks, my delivery is 23 to 30 June
MY LR blue and white with hitch
After research
Here what I found
Fremont built all HW4 now , mainly performance , LR 7 seats . Very few 5 seats LR
Austin built still all HW3
My SA said my car at end of June will most likely be Austin HW3
She said there r 1 or 2 in inventory that Fremont built but far away base model
And not my configuration and biggest wheels
Should i give up what I want in configuration for HW4 or wait till HW4 more available
I am almost + I will get another hw3 in 3 weeks Austin built
Hard to decide
Or I cancel , wait 2 months and reorder , by that time all Austin and Femont will be HW4

Hey folks, my delivery is 23 to 30 June
MY LR blue and white with hitch
After research
Here what I found
Fremont built all HW4 now , mainly performance , LR 7 seats . Very few 5 seats LR
Austin built still all HW3
My SA said my car at end of June will most likely be Austin HW3
She said there r 1 or 2 in inventory that Fremont built but far away base model
And not my configuration and biggest wheels
Should i give up what I want in configuration for HW4 or wait till HW4 more available
I am almost + I will get another hw3 in 3 weeks Austin built
Hard to decide
Or I cancel , wait 2 months and reorder , by that time all Austin and Femont will be HW4
How about wait for the VIN and then decide? SA does not have more info than you do, they can only tell if it is Hw4 once they saw it. There are sources talking about PA124XXX (Austin built) and after having a high chance of getting Hw4, but it is unverified. Based on your description, it seems that you can wait, I always suggest people to wait and take delivery of Hw4 if they can as it is more future proof.

Reactions: rmrm
How about wait for the VIN and then decide? SA does not have more info than you do, they can only tell if it is Hw4 once they saw it. There are sources talking about PA124XXX (Austin built) and after having a high chance of getting Hw4, but it is unverified. Based on your description, it seems that you can wait, I always suggest people to wait and take delivery of Hw4 if they can as it is more future proof.
Do u know where r this sources , PA124xxx
Hw4 ,

Do u know where r this sources , PA124xxx
Hw4 ,

false source. even PA130 built on 05/30 is HW3.0
Yeah, not reliable unless you see people posting Austin-built HW4 MY here. However, it would not make sense to have two separate versions selling simultaneously in the market for long, it hurts demand for Austin-built MY, and Tesla is ramping up Austin Gigafactory as we speak.

Most of the source are Youtuber and post here.