Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you meant to say 7 seater or Performance which seems to be made in Freemont. Austin makes LR's.

Darn that's a big step up in $$

I was thinking of 7 seater but not willing to pay the $6K+Tax. Wish they made a AWD 7 seater option.

Any idea when ATX will switch to 4.0? I have a june-july EDD for my AWD

Last edited:
Based on your Vin and fact a Fremont car, I believe highly likely you have HW4. All new Fremont Y vins seem to be HW4.

But I would text your SA to confirm and make sure to double-check when picking up. Congrats on the car!
Just got response from SA. They won't confirm hw4.

"Unfortunately we are unable to confirm this and have had no announcement about the rumored changes"

I ordered a MYLR and it estimated delivery June 18-June 30.

There is and RN119## number but no VIN. Not sure what the RN is.

My question is about Hardware 4.

Are there are Hardware 4 deliveries of the Y in San Diego? How would I know if mine is? (Hopefully before delivery)

If it is not, I’ve read about people putting it on hold, is that something I should do before I get a VIN assigned? Or something I can do until I know the deliveries in my area are Hardware 4?

Last edited:
I ordered a MYLR and it estimated delivery June 18-June 30.

There is and RN119## number but no VIN. Not sure what the RN is.

My question is about Hardware 4.

Are there are Hardware 4 deliveries of the Y in San Diego? How would I know if mine is? (Hopefully before delivery)

If it is not, I’ve read about people putting it on hold, is that something I should do before I get a VIN assigned? Or something I can do until I know the deliveries in my area are Hardware 4?
Wait for VIN and then decide. Most likely you will get HW4

Reactions: Sandy eggo