Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
U can cancel and reorder, I think hw4 worth the money. I feel is like getting I phone 15 for price of 14 . I think we are only the few that know about that . General public don't care if 3 or 4.
So until inventory is gone , then will all be hw4
Maybe a month , 2 who knows .

Don't mind the new $250 fee I would pay the new pricing (about $1k more)

I ordered a MYLR and it estimated delivery June 18-June 30.

There is and RN119## number but no VIN. Not sure what the RN is.

My question is about Hardware 4.

Are there are Hardware 4 deliveries of the Y in San Diego? How would I know if mine is? (Hopefully before delivery)

If it is not, I’ve read about people putting it on hold, is that something I should do before I get a VIN assigned? Or something I can do until I know the deliveries in my area are Hardware 4?
U can only know if u have HW 4 from vin when is assigned to u. RN is just reservation number . If u got a vin with PF 79xxxx or more u probably have hw4. F means Fremont built . A means Austin built which is very rare HW 4 for now .
If u got Austin and no HW 4 , u have a 1 time chance to reject vin . , put in hold for 14 days . And assign another vin .
If u reject 2nd vin , they will cancel your order and u have to reorder .
Don't put hold before vin assigned . U loose your 1 time chance . Wait till u get a vin
U can always reject delivery at pick day if not what you want or no HW4.
That will give u longer 14 days stretch till u get what u want .
Don't mind the new $250 fee I would pay the new pricing (about $1k more)
Same here

Does anyone know what's going on with Austin made VIN after 5/31? I keep seeing post-5/31 Fremont VINs for Model Y, but I've not seen reports of Austin VINs after 5/31. Is it possible Austin is working to transition to HW4 and that's causing a delay?

Does anyone know what's going on with Austin made VIN after 5/31? I keep seeing post-5/31 Fremont VINs for Model Y, but I've not seen reports of Austin VINs after 5/31. Is it possible Austin is working to transition to HW4 and that's causing a delay?
A lot of Austin made VINs from last week cannot be found in the EPC system, could it also be that Tesla is hiding VIN info for new Austin VINs to avoid people from taking HW3 delivery?

A lot of Austin made VINs from last week cannot be found in the EPC system, could it also be that Tesla is hiding VIN info for new Austin VINs to avoid people from taking HW3 delivery?
I believe less people is posting PA1xxx here due to it is still a low probability of getting an Austin Built HW4 MY for now. However, I assume the transition for Austin would happen fairly fast, the best chance is to wait for a verified Austin built HW4 and the vin, if you know your spec and location will likely get Austin built MY and you really want HW4 and can wait.

Ok, after saying I wouldn't do this because HW3 is just fine, I went ahead and put a hold on my order (MYLR7, white/white, tow, PF787xxx confirmed HW3) so I could try to get HW4. I guess I had too much time to ponder. I know the practical difference for HW3 vs HW4 is not that large right now, but I want to keep this car for a long time and wanted to future-proof it a bit more.

Ok, after saying I wouldn't do this because HW3 is just fine, I went ahead and put a hold on my order (MYLR7, white/white, tow, PF787xxx confirmed HW3) so I could try to get HW4. I guess I had too much time to ponder. I know the practical difference for HW3 vs HW4 is not that large right now, but I want to keep this car for a long time and wanted to future-proof it a bit more.
Good call, especially if your not in rush or can manage somehow for few more weeks.

Reactions: Peppers4Peace
That’s what I would do

Reactions: Rogue Synapse

I just let them cancel the one i had ordered and lost the 250 euro.
I don´t really need the Y (have a Raven X) and i certainly didn't want to get one of the last HW3 when in a month or two all will have HW4.
And mine had a BIG discount which made it a great deal. Oh well...

I just made an account to give my own update on my Model Y purchase.

Long Range, Silver, Black interior, 19" Wheels, 7 Seater, Tow Hitch

I ordered about 2 weeks back and noticed my VIN was F788xxx, before the range of VIN #s we've read about including HW4.0

Delivery windows was set for June 2 - June 8.

I called today to put on hold. They released my VIN and said June 1st, the day before my delivery window, I'd be issued a new VIN. At that point I could call back and put it on hold for the full 14 days.

I will report back when the new VIN is issued and let everyone know what it was updated to.
To update on mine, I've still yet to receive a new VIN. My initial VIN was HW 3.0 and was released 6 days ago. I have not been on hold since Friday. They released my VIN without me having to use my hold since it was a day before the delivery window was set. But again, still waiting to be assigned a new VIN.

Yay (?) - I just got my 'schedule your delivery' email.

Based on what i'm reading in this forum, looks like my vin has hw4. Does anyone have an educated guess around whether punting on this one might improve my chances of getting a vehicle with the Phoenix radar? Love that name btw - clearly someone has a sense of humor at Tesla ;)

hmm so there is a way to get a new VIN w/o having to use my hold?

I called to use my hold. For whatever reason, since it was the day before my delivery window she said that she did not have to use my 14 day hold and she could release my VIN and then when I'm assigned a new VIN I could call back and have them do the 14 day hold.

When I ultimately get assigned a new VIN I'll see if it's in expected range of HW 4.0 and then either accept or use my 14 day hold.