Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because you risk pissing off previous customers.. and they will certainly remember that when its time to shop again.
So your philosophy is that since Tesla's vehicles are now LESS expensive, you don't want another one? Did I get that right?

Tesla should, therefore, only ever RAISE prices and you'll keep buying them? Am I still on track?

Ludicrous. Why would a company NOT maximize their profit? Who among us wants LESS money?

Also, nothing stopping you from starting your own company and taking the risk and reaping the potential rewards.

Not to mention these companies that you're demonizing have shareholders who are relying on them to produce so we can have a retirement.
I believe that was meant satirically…. 😉

My opinion: There's exactly ZERO chance Tesla is giving away FSD to anybody, and speaking from personal experience in 2019 when I purchased FSD for 6K. That was a colossal waste of money.
I dont understand why the price of FSD has gone up. Until the technology truly becomes "full self-driving".. IMO it should have remained at the same price as before. I also feel like certain features should no longer be locked behind a paywall. For example, automatic lane changes.. should now be included as part of regular Autopilot.. and not require a $6,000 EAP or $15,000 FSD.

Looks like there is a new MYP available from the inventory
Any benefits getting from the inventory instead of ordering?
By buying prior to the IRS releasing the mineral content compliant list in March, you'll qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit (assuming you meet the other provisions). After March it may be $3,750. I'd buy from inventory now if that difference is a driving factor for you, and I could find the trim I wanted.

Just sayin' that according to your answer companies should never, ever lower prices, even if it's a tactically sound decision, and companies should only ever raise prices so they don't hurt anyone's feelings that previously bought their products, what did I miss?

I certainly understand that every company is founded on the principle of making a profit. Nobody ever starts a business to lose money. That said customers are emotional.. and the bigger the purchase.. the more memorable the experience along with it. You have to be careful chasing too much profit.. especially on larger purchases because later price changes can and will leave a sour taste in the customer's mouth.

Literally. I can remember times when I feel like I have grossly overpaid for a meal for example.. and vowed never to eat at the restaurant again.

By buying prior to the IRS releasing the mineral content compliant list in March, you'll qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit (assuming you meet the other provisions). After March it may be $3,750. I'd buy from inventory now if that difference is a driving factor for you, and I could find the trim I wanted.

There is only one vehicle from the inventory. However, I am afraid it may or may not come with matrix headlights, etc.. That is a lottery there.

Tesla plans to outproduce and outsell the RAV4 in every market, making the Model Y the most sold car on earth. No way to do that unless the Y is priced the same, or maybe lower.

GSP
Good luck to them. think my next $65k will not be on a Tesla though. They could have been more transparent about the “surge” mark up. Even car dealers are more honest. I will be spending my next $65k elsewhere.

If they want to be ford (Toyota has better quality), they should be treated like ford.

Reactions: DL_Mike
Yes, Today was probably the day to pounce on that order button if you were on the fence. As the economy will inevitibly start to pick back up, and the battery mineral sourcing kicks in in March, things could reset again, probably not to this extent though.

Just sayin' that according to your answer companies should never, ever lower prices, even if it's a tactically sound decision, and companies should only ever raise prices so they don't hurt anyone's feelings that previously bought their products, what did I miss?
This is very different from general items (electronics, foodstuffs, etc), if a TV goes on sale and I miss out on a few hundred dollars, well, no big deal. In the case of a car price being slashed (is it around 20% or so?) that is a tougher pill to swallow. Off the top of my head I can't recall a vehicle that has had such a drastic price cut recently.

I am sympathetic to all those that that are affected (me included lol), and I do understand that it will make people think twice about buying another Tesla. There is certainly something to said abut brand loyalty, whether is it rational or not.

Cool. 👍🏻

Your blame is misplaced. The market has spoken.
Nobody else to blame but Tesla. I don't see Ford cutting the Mach E by 23% today...can you name one other EV in the market today that got cut 23% today? Because if you cant't, then it's the manufacturer and not the "market", as a market isn't one manufacturer, it's all of them.

Because you risk pissing off previous customers.. and they will certainly remember that when its time to shop again.
Yes, this is a downside but it is dwarfed by the surge in demand and the surge in new customers. This drastic price reduction bodes well for long term demand despite a mini-boycott by disgruntled 2022 buyers.

Of course this sucks for recent buyers but that does not mean it's a bad business move by Tesla.

Reactions: DrGriz and cdub