Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just popped up in Atlanta area, there are a couple more below 36k. There were none showing yesterday
IMG_2041.jpeg

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and RazorB
Where did you see this number? I saw closer to 1,000 on there just now.

I see it showing 604 new now. I didn’t include demo cars so maybe that’s the difference.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd

I see it showing 604 new now. I didn’t include demo cars so maybe that’s the difference.
Yes, the demo models probably make the difference.

I go to the second-from-bottom option under inventory which displays stats by country. I just checked and see:
342 MS, 175 MX, 719 M3, 2080 MY

There are cars in the spec I wanted (cheapest possible with white interior) for $1200 less than I paid in November at both of the closest dealerships near me. It looks like people could still buy today and pickup before the new year. Excellent time to buy! $35,090 for base, $35,990 for white interior, $7500 federal tax credit plus whatever your state offers ($2500 taxable for me). Almost $2000 I extra fees/parts plus another $2000 at DMV, but all that keeps the effective cost well under $30k for either setup I think.

Edit:
P.S. I was parked next to a model S at the supercharger yesterday and literally couldn’t tell the difference I. The cars until I looked at the door handles and front grill. I had no idea how similar the two cars look.

The Model 3 LR is still listed in inventory in Australia but it doesn't show an explicit discount. The price is $67,550 Australian dollars. However, the new Highland Model 3 LR is also listed in the order page for $71,900 for the most basic trim. That is about a 6% price difference. I wonder if the Highland Model 3 LR will have a similar price increase when it comes to the US?

Aus Model 3 LR Inventory.jpg
Aus Model 3 LR Highland.jpg

Reactions: mknmike
So it’s the last day of the year and really too late to order if you want to take delivery this year. I see there are still some $35,090 cars near me, but no white interior like my spec. I don’t know when they depleted from inventory, but it is worth noting that M3 inventory is down to maybe 1/5th what it was at its peak, 5 times as hard to find the spec you would want probably. Since this is potentially the end of the line for this generation of M3, with also the potential loss of the $7500 federal tax credit, probably dropping to $3750, this might be an extremely low inventory count for M3. But there are STILL ones out there, not totally depleted as I might have expected would have been wise for Tesla to shoot for. Lower inventory means fewer sales though. So maybe the leftover M3 will have some even greater incentives to get them gone in Q1. It will be exciting to see. We sure are overdue for some damn Highland news here in the US though. Struggling much with the Cybertruck?

306 MS, 183 MX, 451 M3, 1207 MY

If you look at those numbers, Having the MY as more of an SUV, and the Cybertruck out there in some aspect, ones got to wonder if maybe the X is going to get cancelled. Only 183 out there in inventory? I can’t imagine it’s the money maker for Tesla. I have no idea though. That’s for a different thread.

As of now, the M3P is effectively approximately* $2500 cheaper than the M3LR for those who qualify for the tax credit (income limits).

Since Tesla is unlikely to increase the price of M3P beyond $55K, I am guessing a price decrease on the M3LR and M3RWD is coming…

Impending Highland should also add some pressure on the prices of the outgoing model at some point.

*I say “approximately” because the $7500 POS credit may be applied after the sales tax.

Last edited:
Just popped onto Tesla website. It says M3P qualifies for $7500 tax credit, ergo M3RWD and M3LR don't qualify. I know Tesla had telegraphed this in advance, but I guess it's official now that it's the new year.
Saw so many comments that confidently stated that Tesla would slash RWD/LR prices by $7,500 when they become ineligible for the tax credit.. Of course it could still happen but I always found it wildly unrealistic that Tesla would eat the cost.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd