Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read on electric , that Elon has increased price by only 250 just to make people think that prices are bottomed and is time to buy instead of waitting . They said is a trick because inventory is increasing and no way he will jack prices up. Is his way to make people think that there r no more cuts and to make investors happy.
I am thinking about cancelling my MY order. It may be cheaper in the next quarter
What u guys think about all that? I don't know if inventory increased is all Model 3 or Model Y .
when is delivery for your MY? i think the M3 will have a 2-3k price cut very soon as inventory is piling up, the MY has low inventory and strong demand so hard to see prices being cut further

Reactions: rmrm
when is delivery for your MY? i think the M3 will have a 2-3k price cut very soon as inventory is piling up, the MY has low inventory and strong demand so hard to see prices being cut further
Edd 5-7 to 5-21 no vin assigned , I am thinking to put on hold for 14 days. Then they will assign new Vin, just hoping it won't go down futher in June. I ordered it 53k with 3 options. Blue , white and hitch .

Last edited:
For the locations that have a vehicle I want, it says can only be registered in certain states. Guess I'll have to order, or way around?
Not sure if there's a way around that certain inventory can only be registered where the car is located/bought - I suggest calling the delivery location to see if they will sell/register to another state for you.

Reactions: PB3SMSP
Hi
I just got my EDD 5/18 to 5/26 after vin assigned today 5/7/23
They r asking to prepare for delivery and complete tasks .when will they let me know car is ready for delivery ?
When should I put a hold to delay it ?
Do I need to put hold closer to the 18 or now ?
Is only 14 days hold
Thanks

Hi
I just got my EDD 5/18 to 5/26 after vin assigned today 5/7/23
They r asking to prepare for delivery and complete tasks .when will they let me know car is ready for delivery ?
When should I put a hold to delay it ?
Do I need to put hold closer to the 18 or now ?
Is only 14 days hold
Thanks
You have been asking the forum when/how to delay your order.

Best most accurate answer is to ask the delivery team (your location) and get any promises in email/writing, or else you risk losing your $250 and potentially buying at higher price if Tesla cancels your order.

Look at your Order Agreement and see details of your order.

In March I declined a delivery and was given a hold. I was allowed only 14 days to release the hold or the order would be canceled. After I released the hold, I was assigned a VIN in about one week with a delivery date about two weeks after that. Tesla does not want you to delay delivery while keeping a locked in order price.
Just got vin assigned to today. Now EDD is 5/18 _26. I would like to delay it . Do u know when I put a hold ?

Inventory did rise pretty rapidly this week. Too soon to tell but possibly another price reduction late June?
I went yestrday to put a hold after vin assigned . They told me to wait until the car is actually delivered as I can only hold for 7 days not 14 and then reject vin . I told them someone last week told me is 14 , they said rules changed.
They wanted to deliver to my house as I live close to store . I said no and insisted to pick up at store.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I went yestrday to put a hold after vin assigned . They told me to wait until the car is actually delivered as I can only hold for 7 days not 14 and then reject vin . I told them someone last week told me is 14 , they said rules changed.
They wanted to deliver to my house as I live close to store . I said no and insisted to pick up at store.
interesting, good thing for you is your EDD is more than 2 weeks away so even with the 7 day hold you have all of may covered should prices get cut