Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At work sites people will laugh at the Cybertruck when they realize they can chuck crap over the side of the bed because of the design. Or when the their fellow co-worker in a “Princess” F-150 is plugging equipment using that “Princess” truck while the “real truck” CT sits on the sidelines.

Imagine a $30k pickup being a “Princess” but the $80k CT wi the Fart noises being the “real truck” 🤣
CT has 120v and 240v outlets.

Loading items from the side is a good way to get hurt. If commonly used tools are needed, put them in the frunk rather than the rear. Also has air suspension that can lower the truck. May not be quite as good as an old style truck for this purpose but probably worth the trade off.

IF Tesla can stick with their initial CT pricing of the single motor variant of 40k and then include a 7,500 tax credit, that will be very close to a 30k ford. Add in fuel savings over a few years and better durability and it’s a no brainer.

We shall see who is laughing when the CT comes out. Hint: It won’t be Ford.

Last edited:
Reactions: ODWms and Dayreg
So in this economy Ford selling a lot of vehicles because of their EVs? I think I drove by a Ford dealership and saw a lot of cars in their lot. I could be wrong though. Whatever...

Instead of buying a tesla, people are now buying Fords because Elon lowered the prices of tesla cars... makes sense... I guess..

Ford still sell cars that are lower in price than Tesla …. Is that too hard for you to understabd? Not to mention they have an actual Truck to sell you today…. Unlike Tesla… is that hard to understand?

Fords bread and butter is not EV’s unlike Tesla…

You think you drove by or are you just coming up with a story to try to justify your point 🤣

Ford still sell cars that are lower in price than Tesla …. Is that too hard for you to understabd? Not to mention they have an actual Truck to sell you today…. Unlike Tesla… is that hard to understand?

Fords bread and butter is not EV’s unlike Tesla…

You think you drove by or are you just coming up with a story to try to justify your point 🤣

So tesla lowered their price, now you are a "Ford man".... got it... now worries... you should really sell you tesla and get a ford if it really means that much too you.

Reactions: TezlaLink.com
CT has 120v and 240v outlets.

Loading items from the side is a good way to get hurt. If commonly used tools are needed, put them in the frunk rather than the rear. Also has air suspension that can lower the truck. May not be quite as good as an old style truck for this purpose but probably worth the trade off.

IF Tesla can stick with their initial CT pricing of the single motor variant of 40k and then include a 7,500 tax credit, that will be very close to a 30k ford. Add in fuel savings over a few years and better durability and it’s a no brainer.

We shall see who is laughing when the CT comes out. Hint: It won’t be Ford.

And it won’t be you waiting on that “$40k” CT.

Ford will be alright, trust me.

The CT has a frunk and 120v/240v? Link? Does it even have a price yet?

And it won’t be you waiting on that “$40k” CT.

Ford will be alright, trust me.

The CT has a frunk and 120v/240v? Link? Does it even have a price yet?

Of course I won’t be waiting for the 40k cybertruck. I want the highest trim for hauling a camper the longest distances possible.

Ford will be “alright”, I agree. They will simply get a govt bailout.

In the article it also mentions the outlets and of course it has a frunk. Pretty darn easy to google “cybertruck frunk” and “cybertruck outlets”.

Reactions: eleison
Of course I won’t be waiting for the 40k cybertruck. I want the highest trim for hauling a camper the longest distances possible.

Ford will be “alright”, I agree. They will simply get a govt bailout.

In the article it also mentions the outlet and of course it has a frunk. Pretty darn easy to google “cybertruck frunk” and “cybertruck outlets”.

The article “mentions” Cybertruck Frunk which has yet to be seen, but yeah the CT has the best Frunk with outlets everywhere at $40k 🙄

What’s wrong with a Govt Bailout?

Pretty darn easy to Google “Tesla Government bailouts” and “Tesla anti-bailouts”

Reactions: Brou
The article “mentions” Cybertruck Frunk which has yet to be seen, but yeah the CT has the best Frunk with outlets everywhere at $40k 🙄

What’s wrong with a Govt Bailout?

Pretty darn easy to Google “Tesla Government bailouts” and “Tesla anti-bailouts”

The 40k will have 240v outlets. Roll your eyes if you want.

I never said the CT has the “best” frunk. The Ford lightning is good too in that regard.

Many are confusing “paid for services” with “bailouts” in several of those cases. Now SpaceX is saving taxpayers millions of dollars in services.

Ford is a century old. Why should they need bailouts?

Tesla received a govt loan that was paid back early with interest.

Anyway, keep arguing if you want but neither of us can predict the future with 100% certainty. I’ll simply be watching and enjoying the ride.

Large brands don't mind losing money on EVs while still making tons of $ on their ICE vehicles
The real problem for them is that at new prices with incentives Tesla becomes competitive with their ICE offers. I haven't see any detailed analysis yet, but it shouldn't be hard to see Model 3 at $35k competing with Camry, Accord, even some higher-trims of Passat and Malibu. And Model Y at $45k gets close to higher-trims of CR-V and Blazer and Edge.

Reactions: Dayreg
The 40k will have 240v outlets. Roll your eyes if you want.

I never said the CT has the “best” frunk. The Ford lightning is good too in that regard.

Many are confusing “paid for services” with “bailouts” in several of those cases. Now SpaceX is saving taxpayers millions of dollars in services.

Ford is a century old. Why should they need bailouts?

Tesla received a govt loan that was paid back early with interest.

Anyway, keep arguing if you want but neither of us can predict the future with 100% certainty. I’ll simply be watching and enjoying the ride.

I’m not going to get into Politics as it’s not allowed.

Glad we agree that Tesla also needed a bailout. That should not have even come up I. This discussion as to whether legacy automakers are seeing their “downfall” due to this price cut.

The point is there will never be a downfall of the Legacy automakers. Tesla is becoming a legacy automaker and joined the big boys. It’s time for them to play in that ball game, there’s a reason people are pissed. They are no longer just selling to the “Tesla Man”

The real problem for them is that at new prices with incentives Tesla becomes competitive with their ICE offers. I haven't see any detailed analysis yet, but it shouldn't be hard to see Model 3 at $35k competing with Camry, Accord, even some higher-trims of Passat and Malibu. And Model Y at $45k gets close to higher-trims of CR-V and Blazer and Edge.

While this is true you have to consider where and how people live. Not everyone wants to pay to have a charger installed, solar panels, change utility rates etc etc. Range is the biggest issue as those other vehicles mentioned all get better range with more amenities and interior quality for what you pay.

Reactions: MacO512
I’m not going to get into Politics as it’s not allowed.

Glad we agree that Tesla also needed a bailout. That should not have even come up I. This discussion as to whether legacy automakers are seeing their “downfall” due to this price cut.

The point is there will never be a downfall of the Legacy automakers. Tesla is becoming a legacy automaker and joined the big boys. It’s time for them to play in that ball game, there’s a reason people are pissed. They are no longer just selling to the “Tesla Man”
Chrysler was sold to Stellantis.

Never say never.

Tesla’s was a LOAN like what Ford received. GM was a bailout. There is a difference. Tesla didn’t need help from the government. What did save them was the Daimler investment. This has been stated for years and yet people STILL get this wrong.