Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Tesla Vision system for Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically same experience for me.. I love that we universally hover our right foot over the accelerator to override the phantom events. But mostly don't even bother using it. Also want to point out that coming from 2 years and 32K miles driven on Model 3, Vision is the worst. Many years later to have it feel worse than a 2018 M3 auto pilot is quite insane, but for me, true.
It also sounds strange, but mine is deathly afraid of large white objects and I usually get ready to takeover when I see them coming.
I would be deathly afraid of large white objects too if my previous versions died in head on collisions... LOL

Can you get beta button without FSD being bought?
No. There is no reason for them to offer you a beta button if you don't have FSD, and recent posts in that thread from people without FSD say they don't see the button even with the new update. Now if instead the question is if the button is available for FSD subscription, that's a different matter.

Right scroll knob on steering wheel up and down
THat goes up or down 1km or 5km with a flick. What I am asking for is for the vision system to read the change in speed limit and automatically adjust. When I am on a road with an 80km speed limit and enter a 50km zone I want it to automatically drop from 88 to 58 without me having to do anything. Then when (after passing through a town for example) the speed limit goes back to 80 kph I want it to read that and automatically and smoothly go back to 88 kph. It reads the speed signs and I set it for 8 kph over the speed limit I want it to see when the speed limit changes and smoothly and automatically adjust to my set point relative to the current speed limit.

THat goes up or down 1km or 5km with a flick. What I am asking for is for the vision system to read the change in speed limit and automatically adjust. When I am on a road with an 80km speed limit and enter a 50km zone I want it to automatically drop from 88 to 58 without me having to do anything. Then when (after passing through a town for example) the speed limit goes back to 80 kph I want it to read that and automatically and smoothly go back to 88 kph. It reads the speed signs and I set it for 8 kph over the speed limit I want it to see when the speed limit changes and smoothly and automatically adjust to my set point relative to the current speed limit.
It does that for me already on non-highway roads where autopilot is limited to 5 mph above the speed limit. For example, autopilot set to 60mph on 55 mph speed limit, autopilot reads 45 mph speed limit sign, auto adjusts my speed down to 50 mph. It does not change your speed for you on a highway automatically as there is no "only 5mph over" limit. You just flick the right button up or down when on the highway, very simple. It should auto do it for you on a non-highway road like I said though.

It does that for me already on non-highway roads where autopilot is limited to 5 mph above the speed limit. For example, autopilot set to 60mph on 55 mph speed limit, autopilot reads 45 mph speed limit sign, auto adjusts my speed down to 50 mph. It does not change your speed for you on a highway automatically as there is no "only 5mph over" limit. You just flick the right button up or down when on the highway, very simple. It should auto do it for you on a non-highway road like I said though.
Maybe I need FSD to get that option on non-highways? I just have a model 3 SR+ with no FSD at this point. I'll try setting the auto pilot to only 5 kph over the speed limit in case my adjustment above is considered too high.

This is a Sept. 2021 M3 SR+ that still has version 2021.11.103 on it. It's only a little over 2 weeks I've had it and my wifi coverage really shaky in the driveway - I'm off to get a mesh network setup this week.

Maybe I need FSD to get that option on non-highways? I just have a model 3 SR+ with no FSD at this point. I'll try setting the auto pilot to only 5 kph over the speed limit in case my adjustment above is considered too high.

This is a Sept. 2021 M3 SR+ that still has version 2021.11.103 on it. It's only a little over 2 weeks I've had it and my wifi coverage really shaky in the driveway - I'm off to get a mesh network setup this week.
I have a M3 LR no FSD August 2021 build date from Fremont factory. 2021.3.106.5

No. There is no reason for them to offer you a beta button if you don't have FSD, and recent posts in that thread from people without FSD say they don't see the button even with the new update. Now if instead the question is if the button is available for FSD subscription, that's a different matter.
In case anyone is wondering, you get the button if you have an active FSD subscription.

• Informative
Reactions: stopcrazypp
My 2018 Model 3 got rear ended last weekend at ~75mph, likely a total loss, and the least fun roller coaster ride I've ever been on. Had FSD + lifetime premium connectivity :(

Really sad to hear about radar removal. Having to leave auto high beams on at night alone is a total dealbreaker. Probably will look elsewhere for now, and jump back in when the next revision of autopilot hardware comes out, sounds like cybertruck will be getting a new camera system? May have better night performance with better cameras.

Yes, these

1633041515698.png

Reactions: Trekker_