Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disenrolling or un-enrolling from the Beta button and Safety Score tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i unenrolled 6 days ago, went for a drive, and loved driving my car once again. BUT, I really wanted the Beta, so I reenrolled the next morning. My safety score was wiped out and I was back to 100%. Drove 100 miles maintaining a 100%, and last night got the Beta download.

I have no idea what magic just happened, but I'm not arguing with it.
I'm wondering if maybe it's an overnight thing. I tried unrolling yesterday and reenrolled a couple of hours later. Maybe it all gets wiped overnight? I just unenrolled again this morning and I'm debating whether or not to enroll again today or wait until tomorrow morning. This is so stupid! I bet none of us ever thought we would be going through this much haha

I'm wondering if maybe it's an overnight thing. I tried unrolling yesterday and reenrolled a couple of hours later. Maybe it all gets wiped overnight? I just unenrolled again this morning and I'm debating whether or not to enroll again today or wait until tomorrow morning. This is so stupid! I bet none of us ever thought we would be going through this much haha
Yes, I was thinking it was an overnight thing as well.

I was able to unenroll and start over again.

I unenrolled and re-enrolled 2 or 3 times yesterday and the final time, my scores disappeared (in the app and in TeslaFi). I went for a drive around the neighborhood and got my first score - a 100 for 1.4 miles and only one day of history. So now I need 99 miles over the next six days. We'll see. I'm going to minimize AP usage this time. I got my worst score in the previous round on a drive that was 90% AP.

Since you're going to un-enroll now can you try an experiment?

Can you try un-enrolling, and enrolling selectively.

Basically un-enroll before you go on a drive where you know it will mess up your safety score.
Then enroll again when that drive is over.
Maybe go on a few drives to improve your score while enrolled.

Just keep doing that where you only allow it to collect data on good drives.

You have about a week or two to improve your score to 99.
I’m effectively doing that now… Tesla wouldn’t fix my FCW not producing an audible alarm because it’s “beta” and I’m free to opt out, so I did, with several trips in heavy traffic coming up. I plan to opt in early next week, and take a few days to drive in carefully selected locations, where things aren’t as crazy. Safety score disappeared. most daily scores were 100, but FSW errors and hard braking (necessary to avoid death of a child that ran in front of me) lowered my score.

Overall I think this should be short term. I paid for a feature that is in BETA and is starting to roll out. I haven't been really focused on my Safety Score and once I saw how it dinged you for regen breaking I knew I would be in the 90's for a while. My driving record (with no Tesla Insurance) is impeccable, so no matter what the Safety Score says today, at some point in the near future they will have to roll it out to all paying customers.

My guess would be in the next 30-60 days. However I am going to keep monitoring this thread to see if you guys work the system.

Quick update...my safety score is now wiped. I unenrolled this morning, went for a very short drive once the safety score no longer showed in the app (no clue if this actually did anything), rebooted the care when I got home (again no clue if this changed anything), reenrolled, and then just waited. The safety score didn't show up again in the app after a few hours so I just force closed the app on my phone and then reopened it. The safety score showed up and all the prior history is gone.

Quick update...my safety score is now wiped. I unenrolled this morning, went for a very short drive once the safety score no longer showed in the app (no clue if this actually did anything), rebooted the care when I got home (again no clue if this changed anything), reenrolled, and then just waited. The safety score didn't show up again in the app after a few hours so I just force closed the app on my phone and then reopened it. The safety score showed up and all the prior history is gone.
Unenrolled, and felt liberated. Fun to drive. Tomorrow and Monday will be difficult to avoid problems. So, I either re-enroll Tuesday, and hope it works, or sooner and use the reboot if “problems” occur. No software updates until I re-enroll.

Reactions: Vector2
I did the un-enroll/re-enroll on Monday. Completed my 100 miles @ 100% yesterday, and got an e-mail from Tesla about 9pm EST that they were pushing the beta to my car. It was installed by 10pm. :)

Much better than the BS that I was going through trying to eliminate 2 bogus FCW's that I got right after the initial button press. I'm looking forward to driving the car again as it was intended to be driven!

Last edited:
I’m going to try something like this. I’m traveling, in laws are excited to use car. I’m unenrolling regardless. I don’t want my father-in-law getting in a wreak with my kids attempting to maintain my score while I travel for work. While it may change, at Tesla’s current rollout rate 1 pt per 2 weeks, my 95 score would get me in the beta Dec 17th. That’s a long ‘7 days of good driving.’

Anybody want me to test something during the unenroll today?

I did the un-enroll/re-enroll on Monday. Completed my 100 miles @ 100% yesterday, and got an e-mail from Tesla about 9pm EST that they were pushing the beta to my car. It was installed by 10pm. :)

Much better than the BS that I was going through trying to eliminate 2 bogus FCW's that I got right after the initial button press. I'm looking forward to driving the car again as it was intended to be driven!
So you didn't need to accumulate 7 days of data after re-enrolling? That's interesting. Just need 100% and 100 miles, it seems.

Reactions: K5TRX
Thanks - then I'm going to go today at lunch time to get my score up to 100 from 99 using my selected backroads route, chosen specifically for the following:

- all single lane roads (no adjacent lanes for somebody to cut in front).
- max speed 45 mph (no unsafe following measured under 50mph).
- little following traffic (I can brake slowly to dilute any actual braking which always seems to get me at yellow lights).

Fingers crossed. Getting 100's is tough, I will say. I'm tempted to stay at 99 and just wait, but you know Elon and his goalpost moving. Getting 100%/100 miles seems to be an automated thing.

Some hero's don't wear capes. Thank you for your service and info.

It's true, everything with Elon is conjecture. Maybe it will go out to the 99's in "two weeks" or maybe never. Tesla might have all the data it can handle with the addition of the 100 crowd. I am on the fence about whether to throw in the towel (with a 97) or hang in there. I absolutely HATE driving the car this way. It's not any safer. It let's people roll through stop signs, red lights, and speed, but god forbid you use regen braking to stop or take an exit ramp like anything other than a Prius in limp-mode.
Agree, it’s absolutely absurd. You can run red lights and stop signs all you want, but if you pull into a parking spot last minute with a sharp curve you get dinged. You could literally run a red light, hit a pedestrian and probably based on the deacceleration be charged with “aggressive breaking!” It’s all optics. I love the unenroll and drive like you want and then re-enroll when can tolerate ”camper mode” - great comment and idea above!

Reactions: pilotSteve