Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dismissed update, now gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monday I received the first update notification on my phone and in my car that new software was available to install. I dismissed it for a few days, I wanted to install in on the weekend and mess around with it, in case of bugs. Well now its Friday and the little yellow clock icon is gone and no more update! Do you only get 3-4 days to install it or something?

No. I've gotten update notifications while out of the country, and it's still there a few weeks later when I got home.

It was probably one of the recent buggy ones, so Tesla deleted it. I recall that happening once or twice before, a few years ago.

No. I've gotten update notifications while out of the country, and it's still there a few weeks later when I got home.

It was probably one of the recent buggy ones, so Tesla deleted it. I recall that happening once or twice before, a few years ago.

Knowing this, it might be worthwhile to always dismiss uninvited or unknown value updates for a week or two... and if they go poof! and disappear you know it was a bad drop and probably saved yourself a headache.