Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dissing Tesla Reliability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla stated otherwise, they say it just needs a shim, but that the service centres don't generally do that sort of work, so instead they swap the unit, then send the old one back to get shimmed. Then they give your old one, now fixed, to the next person who needs one (hence why they usually get a re-manufactured one, if Tesla hadn't found a way to fix them, they'd have to be handing out new ones)
sorry, this myth has been debunked, the problem goes far deeper than this, I'll let others who are much more well versed in this to give you the facts

- - - Updated - - -

Referencing exactly what Elon has said a number of times, especially what he said during an earnings call several quarters ago.
I am trying hard not to get placed into the penalty box but 1. the milling sound is not the clunking issue fixed by a shim and 2. Elon is not a deity of any sort, he has been know to speaketh untruths

I am trying hard not to get placed into the penalty box but 1. the milling sound is not the clunking issue fixed by a shim and 2. Elon is not a deity of any sort, he has been know to speaketh untruths
So, the clunking issue is fixed then, and the milling issue remains?

Is that accurate?

Would that mean that 50% of all known drive unit issues are resolved? And the other 50% are being worked on?

That sounds like good engineering to me...