Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ditch the extra key fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive noticed that our model S gets confused with auto present and unlocking if both my wife and I are approaching the car and we each have a fob on us.

Oh, and I've created a driver profile that I call "garage" which I select after parking it. On my garage profile I disabled auto present and auto lock, so I can walk about my garage at will without having my car present and lock and present yet again...

That's a great idea!!

Lot's of great ideas on this thread actually!

With regards to 2 FOBs approaching the car, I can't think of any other solution other than to appoint a primary and secondary fob. That way if 2 fobs are detected, the primary takes precedence and the other is ignored.
Primary should be whichever it sees first. I'm worried about this issue a bit as our current car keys always sit at the bottom of my wife's purse or in a bowl about 12 feet from garage. I'm hoping this is not as big an issue as it seems.

A couple of times our car would not turn on right away, even after sitting in the driver's seat and pressing the brake. Not sure if this can be related to having 2 fobs in the car, or some other reason why it was very slow to turn on?

Last edited: