Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have a unicorn? Austin White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve searched everywhere, so if this thread/info exists elsewhere please feel free to delete.

I cannot find any evidence of Austin building out white interiors. Spying in on most of the drone footage the last few days, checking twitter photos, asking in other order threads, have turned up all black interior.

However my VIN is clearly a recent Austin build w/ white interior (at least that’s what my app says).

Delivery in about a week so interested to hear what the TMC Community thinks about the possibility of Austin manufacturing cars with white seats.

Could it be possible that I’m being sent black seats by mistake? :)
That thought did cross my mind. But I doubt it...it is all computerized so I don't think a mistake like that could happen.
They had to start white seats in Austin at some point....you waiting since May, maybe they thought they'd start with you as you waited so long (I know it was on purpose but hey, why not).

Reactions: WyoDude
That thought did cross my mind. But I doubt it...it is all computerized so I don't think a mistake like that could happen.
They had to start white seats in Austin at some point....you waiting since May, maybe they thought they'd start with you as you waited so long (I know it was on purpose but hey, why not).
Ya, I’m curious how I would act if it showed up with black seats?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
It's not really possible to have a unicorn that's current production. You may have one of the first (at least on this forum) to come out of that location but the opportunity for tens of thousands identical to it to be built is very high. It wouldn't make sense to crank out just a few unless the plan was to put them into full production soon. I'd put money on your car being the first in many that are about to be the exact opposite of whatever a unicorn is. That word is used rather extensively in this Tesla community for some odd reason.

It's not really possible to have a unicorn that's current production. You may have one of the first (at least on this forum) to come out of that location but the opportunity for tens of thousands identical to it to be built is very high. It wouldn't make sense to crank out just a few unless the plan was to put them into full production soon. I'd put money on your car being the first in many that are about to be the exact opposite of whatever a unicorn is. That word is used rather extensively in this Tesla community for some odd reason.
Everything’s a unicorn until someone pulls the horns off a horse.

Looks like that’s gonna be you today, @Ostrichsak

I just wish there was a way to tell for sure without messaging my SA. I’d assume I’d get a generic answer anyway.
You can't rely on the info you get from an SA... regardless of which direction it leads.

Best bet at this point is to just hang tight and wait. I know that with Ford there's a way I could pull the actual window sticker once I got a VIN but I'm not of a way to do that w/Tesla.

Update: I've been growing increasingly nervous that my order got shuffled and I may end up black seats from Austin. To the point of magnifying video footage of the latest Austin flyovers - NOT A SINGLE WHITE INTERIOR - I was panicked. :)

So I reached out to Joe Tegtmeyer who is known for his Austin flyover videos on Youtube just to ask if he happened to notice Austin producing white interiors lately. Honestly I never anticipated a response.

He was kind enough to reply...
"I've seen a few...I'll try to see if any white interiors are present on my next flight.

Today he send me a DM on twitter with a photo of about 10 MY's - ONE WHITE INTERIOR! This Tesla Community is absolutely amazing.

Last edited: