Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do new Tesla cars come with a Charging cable ? (not talking about the mobile connector)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read mixed reports regarding the the type 2 charging cable supplied with the car.
Depending on supply chain it seems it is sometimes a 4m one, or, if you're lucky, 7m+.

What's the most recent feedback on that?

I've read mixed reports regarding the the type 2 charging cable supplied with the car.
Depending on supply chain it seems it is sometimes a 4m one, or, if you're lucky, 7m+.

What's the most recent feedback on that?
I'm interested in this too. My charger is a good 5m from where the charge port will be so I don't want to get home and find my cable's too short. If the Tesla one is long enough though, I'll use it until I can work out how to get one with an integrated button, without paying exorbitant import fees

Reactions: Toblerone
In typical Tesla style, you will get what they have available at hand at that point in time which may differ from site to site and day to day. No consistency and a complete lottery. You might not even get a cable and have to wait until they have stock.
I assumed they were adding cables at the factory gate, not at the delivery site?
For instance I would be interested to know what the previous class of Q2 in Staines got?

Mine came with a 5m black cable from a June delivery, model Y LR, was expecting the blue one
Mr Miserable has just picked up the first Q3 from China, and it came with a 7.5m. Fingers crossed

Still, can't help but wonder, as the cables come from China, would probably make more sense for them to ship them in the boot of the cars rather than separate cargo, adding an extra step for the local teams... but who am I to question Tesla's process and efficiency...

Still, can't help but wonder, as the cables come from China, would definitely make more sense for them to ship them in the boot of the cars rather than separate cargo, adding an extra step for the local teams... but who am I to question Tesla's process and efficiency...
Loose items being transported in vehicles frequently get "lost in transit" i.e. pinched ... could that be one of the reasons? It does seem odd. I wonder if they come batched together with UMC, first aid kit etc on a pallet ... but on the same ship.

Still, can't help but wonder, as the cables come from China, would probably make more sense for them to ship them in the boot of the cars rather than separate cargo, adding an extra step for the local teams... but who am I to question Tesla's process and efficiency...
Ours came from Poland - I had to go asking when we collected as no cable supplied (along with a few other missing bits). I was given a choice of cable. As I say, Tesla supply whatever they can lay their hands on, and sometimes they don’t have any or even forget to supply such is the rush in handing over vehicles at some times. Take screen shots of spec at point of order and Tesla will if possible sort things even if it does take a bit of persuasion.

Reactions: WllXM and Adopado