Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do these fees look reasonable or...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am considering purchasing a used Tesla from a South Florida Ford dealer, and all looks good (haven't yet seen the car in person) and while the price is on our sweet spot, I noticed these fees. Does this seem crazy or reasonable? Seems like a lot for a car that's in the low 50's.
1684257506183.png

Well first, what are those exactly? I know the doc fee and pretty sure most are around 125-250. Essential pkg? Etch I'm assuming is etching the glass which apparently helps if your vehicle is stolen (and parted out?). I thought resistall was for the seats, but 400 bucks will cover a couple of really good details. Reconditioning? I'm guessing it's their detail charge? Dang though, sounds like they had to replace a bumper or something for 1600 bucks. And even if they did you know they took it off trade value so they are double dipping I would think.

Reactions: Sohoprom
Hi, I am considering purchasing a used Tesla from a South Florida Ford dealer, and all looks good (haven't yet seen the car in person) and while the price is on our sweet spot, I noticed these fees. Does this seem crazy or reasonable? Seems like a lot for a car that's in the low 50's.
I can't understand why any dealer charges extra for reconditioning... If it is not included in the price, and is not comparable in price to other used cars of the same type, then that is a rip-off to me.

Assuming you didn't ask for any of the extras, If they do away with their phony reconditioning, essentials package, and resistall (which is some type of interior/exterior coating from what I understand), then I would go for it.

Reactions: Sohoprom