TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do/ when will we get NoA in the UK?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ben_c, May 10, 2019.

1. ben_c

ben_c Member

Good to see! Does it automatically lane change like the US or just suggest changes then require confirmation on the indicator stalk?

2. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

What it does mean though is that it should now work in places where you can't get a good internet connection.

3. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Seems to me to be far better than using Internet as was previously the case where continuous connection had to be maintained, and nothing like as good as USA use of keyfob.

4. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

That’s true, but I’m slightly puzzled how it works. You approach the car and at that point Bluetooth isn’t connected as the car isn’t ‘on’ (this is an assumption I admit). How do you initiate Summon other than by making cellular connection as you do now? If memory serves the Summon connection is what turns the car on, and that’s when the Bluetooth connection is established.

Not had the update but I use Summon regularly at work and would be disappointed if it’s been neutered as posts elsewhere are suggesting - without being tested though.

My journey today will need a SuC stop and I’m hoping to see the benefit of the improved charging rate. My 75D’s PB is 96kW, which is the most the car can handle.

• Like x 1
  5. WannabeOwner

Interesting. I've never found a need for it, am I missing something?

Also interesting ... is that the peak figure? Down at 10%-40%-ish I routinely get 110kW-ish

TeslaFi03.jpg

6. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I get 110kW max on my model s 75d now since 12.1
    C8C7E708-A7DC-461C-84B2-92EE79F33B2F.jpeg

7. LukeT

LukeT Member

Curious restriction. Feels like over-regulation but what's the real world impact? Bloody irritating if it knocks you out on the kind of bend you'd habitually use AP for, not so much if it only affects more extreme cases.

8. MarkJ

MarkJ Member

I think a bigger impact of this is that it will effectively stop Tesla rolling out AP on city roads as part of FSD features with full driver supervision.

• Informative x 1
  9. pjuk

pjuk Member

#30 pjuk, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Is this the same regulatory committee that decided to ensure all cars had some kind of speed limiting control in the next 5-10 years? Will this also affect auto-park since you clearly can't parallel park without going into a full lock *sigh*

10. WannabeOwner

Whilst I like to press on, particularly if a bit late, I do find it strange that we have speed limits and yet a 200 MPH vehicle is "road legal".

11. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

My parking space at the office wasn't designed for a Tesla so it's a tad tight. Works every time I use it too.

• Like x 1
  12. TiJayFLY

TiJayFLY New Member

Evening all. Registered just to ask this...

With the new restrictions, are we likely to see no-confirm Nav on AP in Europe in the forseeable future?

13. WannabeOwner

I don't see why not, these things just take a little while ... but it must be a strain on Tesla if they have to get approval in each territory.

14. TiJayFLY

TiJayFLY New Member

This was the concerning bit:
    However, the regs make no mention of this restriction. In fact, this approval category exists:
    Looks like it just hasn't been approved yet, and that no-confirm lane change will happen - pending approval.

A few more notes from the regulations:
    5.1.3:
    Your Autopark is safe, and it also paves the way for FSD turning out of junctions. a max speed of 10kmh given.

5.6.1.1.1:
    This is regarding entirely autonomous operation. Again, Autopark is fine.

5.1.6.1.3:
    5.6.2.1.3:
    These are the angle-limiting bits, I believe. Essentially it's to prevent understeer conditions, by preferring to slow the car instead of applying more angle... will be interesting to see the effect on everyday driving. Perhaps a friendly Tesla owner will take a video of the difference?

• Informative x 2
  15. WannabeOwner

Not sure relevant ... but in the USA that "nudge to first indent until lane-change starts" instead of "keep turn signal on for duration of lane change" came as a precursor to automatic lane change (with no driver input) ... so maybe same here?

16. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

My summon never works alwasy crapping out the connection maybe BT will be more stable.

Agreed with the back peddling of AP due to new legislation, whoever have FSD in the UK and thinks they will get use of ti anytime soon needs to think again :( at this rate i can see AP becoming hobbled into something next to useless....

Don't you just hate it when politicians make rules about stuff they know nothing about :p

My car is again in the SC for god knowns how long, i hope they dont install this update, i'd like to hang back and see what it does before i install.

17. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Also why dont we have the nice new sentry button on the main screen, i noticed a fellow Ms and MX owner getting this update in the US showing they had the sentry update :p It's a button after-all so not much in the way of "making it fit for the EU"

18. vitesse

vitesse Member

Autobahns. Well, bits of German autobahns - there are actually lots of speed restrictions on autobahns, but safe sections are still unrestricted.

19. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

You have a 400v fuse/pack whereas the humble 75 only has 350v. 96kW was the Max. The recent update as confirmed by @Asterix187 has improved that.

I too managed 110kw. A nice warm battery and 21% SoC did the trick. Very pleased with that. :)
    F69E6FF7-12DF-4BA4-AAEB-AF0E4936DE53.jpeg