Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do/ when will we get NoA in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not much in the way of "making it fit for the EU"

Dashcam use illegal in some parts of EU ...so yet another area where Tesla has to handle legislation per territory. They are equipped for it (drive across the border and Feature-X will stop/start working), but its a hassle for them ... and ought to relate in part to sales in that territory ... on that basis Norway ought to have everything that they could.

You have a 400v fuse/pack whereas the humble 75 only has 350v

Never knew that, interesting thanks. I thought all batteries charged at same %age per unit of time (thus more miles for bigger battery), perhaps there is actually a benefit for "bigger fuse" in terms of more percentage? or is the differing fuse size what is actually allowing the "same percentage per unit time"?

I'm interested why folk in a hurry for NoA in UK?

Signal-to pass is not a huge deal (less so with nudge-to-first-indent). Only slight snag is predicting when the car will slow for traffic ahead, such that lane-chance can be made before then (which NoA solves), but it seems to me to be fairly minor.

Wanting features that are available I understand, but my 3 year old car has loads of features never even considered when bought it, and for which I have paid nothing (other than original purchase price of the car of course ...). My OTA updates are often seriously behind other cars ... so I'm happy to wait.

Any idea if the original 70kWh battery (my 70D) gets a similar improvement? I haven't tried supercharging yet, will be doing that on the 25th when we go for a day trip to France :)
The 70 pack has quite a different charging profile to the 75 - starting high at low SOC but not able to hold a plateau rate, so slower than the 75 overall.
Given the max rate on mine is already a physics-defying 116 kW I doubt we'll see any improvement on the existing charge rate for 70's.

IMG_0914_Dundee_Crop.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: vitesse
Does NOA work in the UK?
I have a MS 100D with AP 2.0 hardware and EAP.
On the Autopilot section of the menu NOA is greyed out with the explanation along the lines of you need a maps update to enable NOA. The maps version I have is EU-2018.42-1729. The local service centre has confirmed that this is the most recent version for my configuration.
I would be interested to hear from any members in the UK who have NOA functionality.

AP 2.0 X, NOA has worked for a while, since late May??

Maps on my car is now showing 2019xxxx but even on 2018 NOA was working.

Have you submitted service request on the App, after initial skepticism the App for requesting service stuff seems to work.

Yeah I've had NoA for a while now on my AP2.5 MX with EAP. You are not missing much though (Chippylad that is)! Basically just glorified satnav directions on motorways and some dual carriageways only i.e. it "suggests" suitable lane changes which are really not that useful in reality.
Thank you. Are you able to tell me which version of the Navigation Maps you have?

Yeah I've had NoA for a while now on my AP2.5 MX with EAP. You are not missing much though (Chippylad that is)! Basically just glorified satnav directions on motorways and some dual carriageways only i.e. it "suggests" suitable lane changes which are really not that useful in reality.

Um. Well, my experience has been a bit more dynamic than yours. My AP2.5 S with EAP will now, absolutely definitely, leave Motorways and (some) Dual Carriageways entirely automatically. Sometimes even at the right junction! Although it does leave it very late to signal the exit manoeuvre - way beyond what most people would consider "reasonable notice of my intention to change lane / leave the highway" - so it wouldn't surprise me to find that most of us are cancelling / pre-empting NOA departures just through force of habit.

When it works, it's quite cool: it'll signal, come off the motorway, then progressively reduce speed limit until getting close to the (inevitable) roundabout at the exit. Then it'll beep and tell you to take over.

I mean, it's not earth-shattering must-have technology but it's another cool trick the car couldn't do when I bought it only last year....

Reactions: Roy W.