Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you check what you stick in your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
A few weeks back I arrived at a Tesla Supercharger Site, V2 Chargers I think, to find one cable covered in mud.

It looked like it had been dropped on the ground??

Anyways, it got me thinking how I never check what's inside these charge cable connectors before I shove it inside my cars charge port...

... I do check now though, every time.

Am I the only one who does this? Could get very messy, or difficult if your charger becomes the victim of a protest campaign...

Last edited:
Reactions: init6
A few weeks back I arrived at a Tesla Supercharger Site, V2 Chargers I think, to find one cable covered in mud.

It looked like it had been dropped on the ground??

Anyways, it got me thinking how I never check what's inside these charge cable connectors before I shove it inside my cars charge port...

... I do check now though, every time.

Am I the only one who does this? Could get very messy, or difficult if your charger becomes the victim of a protest campaign...

Be particularly careful at Destination Chargers. I lament my fellow man's consideration for the next guy to come along.

Be particularly careful at Destination Chargers. I lament my fellow man's consideration for the next guy to come along.

... reminded me of another Supercharger 'incident'

I arrived at a V2 Supercharger and unplugged the Top Charger... just as it dislodged the bottom cable which swung downwards alongside the cars paintwork.

I did share a loud broadcast moment of my displeasure... but luckily it missed the car...

Reactions: Adopado
... reminded me of another Supercharger 'incident'

I arrived at a V2 Supercharger and unplugged the Top Charger... just as it dislodged the bottom cable which swung downwards alongside the cars paintwork.

I did share a loud broadcast moment of my displeasure... but luckily it missed the car...

This is a real issue on V2 (2 cable) Supercharger stalls (you were lucky)! Because you need to be backed up so close there is every possibility that a dislodged cable will clatter the back of the car ... this happened to me a while ago, and if I look very closely I can still see a very slight dent in the metal of the lower part of the boot lid. This can happen when either latching the upper CCS cable out of the stall or when latching it back into the stall. The way to prevent this happening is to have one hand on the lower cable whilst wrestling with the upper cable. Beware everyone. (Why are many of the cables so reluctant?)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PITA