Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think Tesla prices will go up, down or stay the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you see this?? So we’re not getting chargers either now??

No longer included, right on the Tesla site. The word "included" has disappeared" in the description of the car in Canada first, and now in the U.S.

EDIT FOR CORRECTION: $275, not $400. Still bad news, though.

THe price will keep going up as Tesla has more orders than production capacity. Once capacity exceeds orders, they will lower prices to drive demand. That probably wont' happen til 2023/2024. That being said i doubt you'll have a $80k Model 3 or Model Y so it will eventually cap.
Apparently you haven't priced a Y lately - you can already spend north of 80k, and that's before documentation / delivery fees and taxes.

1649855783039.png

No longer included, right on the Tesla site. The word "included" has disappeared" in the description of the car in Canada first, and now in the U.S.

EDIT FOR CORRECTION: $275, not $400. Still bad news, though.
complete speculation on only one website. If we see it on electrek or teslrati it might have some merit then.

(not moderation content, not representing TMC, TMC moderators, or the opinion of anyone other than jjrandorin the regular poster, not jjrandorin the TMC moderator)

We have seen this on a few websites now, but with that being said, electrek is a website I specifically pay very little attention to. Maybe something has changed, but they used to get "a lot" of their content from trawling TMC thread and simply re-"reporting" what they saw on other sites.

Its the main reason you see so many long time posters here with statements in their signature to the effect of "you cant use my words on any other website", basically. Not saying they are wrong here, multiple websites are reporting it. I just dont put much into what that particular website reports.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
Agree with what you mentioned re: Electrek, as some stories by some authors can have questionably written content, oddball titles, and very little editing before being uploaded. That said, lots of their articles can be engaging to read. Or humorous -- such as the Alibaba vehicle of the week. I don't take it in as 100% factual, nor do I with most internet content, no matter how official it may look. Sorry if I broke some trust here with what I wrote in above posts before confirmation.

But as to the truthfulness of the kit deletion, Musk himself has now confirmed the removal of that charging kit in all Tesla cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: weathergeekdan
Doesn’t bother me that apple stopped. It’s 2022. If you don’t have at least 5-6 charging blocks or more in your house you’ve been in a cave for a few decades. As far as Tesla removing the remote charger that’s up for debate. Too many sites just looking for views making assumptions about this. I don’t see anything wrong with Tesla making this an optional item. So many will have the 48amp wall charger so this remote one would be for emergency use when you are traveling and can’t find a SC. Why give it to everyone if a high % of owners never use it? IMO it should just come with every Tesla sold since their pricing is through the roof.