Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think we will have the option? Pick up from plant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a few current manufacturers do allow plant deliveries. You can fly out to Porsche in Germany and pick up your car off the line. What are the chances we will be able to pick it up from Teslas manufacturing plant and drive it back as to be able to pick it up as first batch and not have to wait?

It will likely be an option, but probably won't get you priority. The reason for local issues is so that the factory can look at/research/resolve any issues they come across early. If you drive the car far away you just removed the reason for doing local deliveries first.

Reactions: Tree95
Was wondering about this today...

If autonomous delivery is available before snake-auto supercharging, will Tesla hire people to go to the SC's to plug in the cars that are passing through? Seems like a decent part time gig. :D

California has changed the tax rules in order to allow Tesla to make out-of-state deliveries at Fremont. They certainly will permit deliveries at the factory, they already do.

Reactions: AlanSqB
to pick it up as first batch and not have to wait?

Factory pick up has always been an option from inception so that is not something new.

However, to do it to get prioritized as a "first batch" has not been tried out.

The purpose of geographical roll out is in case of initial problems, it's quicker to ship parts and fix problems near by rather.

I'm planning on a picking it up from the factory. Couple nights in SF then hitting up Monterey before driving back down the 101 to Orange County. Perfect first drive for the car in my book! Easiest part of the sell of the tesla to the wife. Now just to convince her i need the ludicrous version....

Last edited:
I believe that factory delivery will be an option as it already is with the S and X. However, i think it will actually move out your delivery date as opposed to moving it up. The factory only has a very limited capacity to deliver vehicles to customers and if you choose this method you will more than likely be at the end of a long line.