Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you wave?

Do you wave to other Teslas on the road?

• I wave to every Tesla I see! Yay, no gas!

Votes: 132 56.4%
  • I only wave to other Model 3s - the S and X are old news.

Votes: 61 26.1%
  • I only wave to S and X owners - people who have to pay for supercharging are losers.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't wave to anyone - it's just a stupid car.

Votes: 40 17.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only seen a handful and have only had one time where I had the opportunity or time to wave. I was first in line at a red light and directly across was another red Model 3.
As I waited to see what would happen once the light turned green we both put our hand out the driver side window and waved at each other. Pretty funny.

Reactions: mekberg
I wave at all Teslas I see....get around 50% response. But also, they aren't that common here in the Midwest, I maybe see 1-2 others a day, sometimes none.

As a side tangent, my kids (now teens) used to love the slug-bug game (or bee-sting for yellow cars etc) when they were young....so now I have tried to start the TESLA! (with a punch) game....but teens are boring and have told me "that's not a thing dad"

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
I wave at other 3s and so far everyone has waved backed. I didn't do it till people started waving to me. I used to drive an air cooled VW van as a kid and that wave had more respect. It took so much effort and work to keep one of those things rolling, the wave was like, Dude I respect your effort. In a Tesla it's more just a friendly thing.

I wave — 90% have waved back, most grinning like crazy. :D

Model Ss and Xs don’t usually wave back in my experience (with the exception of a few Model S owners in town) so I’ve kind of given up on waving to them, though the kids still do if one is directly behind/beside us at a red light.

We’ve only encountered one Roadster and he gave us a big smile and the three sign while passing us.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Teslas are pretty rare in my neck of the woods.

I just picked up my Model 3 a couple of weeks ago. I had never seen a model 3 in my city previous to that, but a few days later a Black Model 3 turned past me and we both excitedly waved at each other.

I now know there is at least one other Model 3 in my neighborhood.

Reactions: Piney999
I do the same. I feel like the MS/MX drivers look at me like I didn't pay the right dues to join their club and scoff at me like I'm cousin Eddie....but that's just my perception!
I've actually gotten really enthusiastic thumbs up from model S drivers more than once. They seem excited to see the model 3's. I haven't passed any 3's while in my 3 yet.... It's not California.

I'm in Orange County, CA.

I'd never put my hand down if I tried to wave at every 3.

Ditto that! I truly respect everyone who has gone electric, especially Tesla but I've had to scale back the wave/nod/thumbs-up for drivers of M3's that catch my eye with mods (wheels, springs, wrap, etc.) that show a little more pride of ownership. Of course I'll return any wave from another Tesla owner. I'm not a total snob...I just can't keep up with the flood of M3's flowing into Orange County.

Reactions: MXWing
Ditto that! I truly respect everyone who has gone electric, especially Tesla but I've had to scale back the wave/nod/thumbs-up for drivers of M3's that catch my eye with mods (wheels, springs, wrap, etc.) that show a little more pride of ownership. Of course I'll return any wave from another Tesla owner. I'm not a total snob...I just can't keep up with the flood of M3's flowing into Orange County.

We are going to hit 500 new Model 3s per week in SoCal by end of year I believe.

It’s going to staggering.