Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you wave?

Do you wave to other Teslas on the road?

• I wave to every Tesla I see! Yay, no gas!

Votes: 132 56.4%
  • I only wave to other Model 3s - the S and X are old news.

Votes: 61 26.1%
  • I only wave to S and X owners - people who have to pay for supercharging are losers.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't wave to anyone - it's just a stupid car.

Votes: 40 17.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to come home to find this post. I'm in Toronto so I don't see a ton of Tesla's but I passed a Model S today and waved at her but she didn't even react. BUT then I was closer to my house, guy in a Model 3 exact same as mine passes me and gives me a huge wave. I felt like such a loser because I literally waved back like he was the Queen herself or something lol.

I don't really care how many or who waves back. I flash a peace sign at everyone.
If not preoccupied, most smile and that's all I see before I'm gone.

Don't you love seeing little kids waving from school buses at stop lights?
They get so excited and wave fast or mimic no hands.....so cute and they are our future. :)

I'd wave to any other EV owner. I don't judge. You're either with us, or against us :cool:
I respect this. I've gotten Fiat waves and Tesla waves to my Bolt ( not come across any EVs with the Model 3, yet ), this is good.

That said I'm expecting Model 3s, and hopefully then BEVs in general, to get so thick on the ground that I'd give myself tennis elbow trying to wave at them all. So the solution is clear, tint up and then they can assume I'm waving back even though they can't see me. All about the win-win! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jdchi and Jedi2155
29 people voted for this option. That’s just weird.

“I only wave to other Model 3s - the S and X are old news.”

Some will get big time triggered but the Model 3 is like the millennials of the Tesla’s. Most owners have no idea how much BS owners before them got to face.

Roadster supercharging? Pffffft
Model S without parking sensors? Yes those existed.
Model S 40 feels about same price as the Model 3 LR when accounting for inflation. The 3LR is over twice the range with way updated electronics.

Some Model 3 owner got pissed he didn’t get a die cast car that other 3 owners did. I’m a model x and a 3P+ owner. I didn’t get a die cast car.

Model 3 owners expecting Tesla loaners when a S P100D buyer has to take a Lyft is ludicrous.

Rant incoming:

Yes I’m a millennial (barely) but I respect the hell out of those who set the path first so others can follow.

Speaking economics, an actual $35,000 Model 3 will have unlimited demand. Since Econ is the study of finite resources and unlimited wants how does one allocate them?

They should go in order of $$$ spend with Tesla. That would account for 500,000 cars and expected to grow. That’s a waiting period of several years production. Those owners would also be more tolerant than new ones.

If the system was fair and I would set it up this way is $35,000 holdouts should be told their wait time if no prior Tesla ownership is going to be years. 1st the car has to make financial sense for Tesla. 2nd, they have to wait for every other Tesla owners with right of first refusal.

Funny thought.. as more and more people own Tesla’s there will be more loyalist that will strive to defend the brand out of motivated self interest.

$1000 refundable deposit should buy you what? Imagine putting down deposits for that first Roadster..

Waiting in line for years?? Pfft? You still at the store? I waited longer to see Lord of the Rings at midnight on IMAX.

Interest free loan? That’s like 20 bucks maybe at all time low rates and minus the points you got on the credit card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedi2155
I'm sure in certain suburbs of california and in Norway it would be quite tiresome.
Or does every Burik driver wave at another Burik driver in America?

Not aware of Buick drivers waving to each other, but Vette drivers do and of course, the ones who started it all........the Biker wave among thousands and thousands of motorcyclists has been an act of solidarity since the earliest Harley Davidson days.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
........the Biker wave among thousands and thousands of motorcyclists has been an act of solidarity since the earliest Harley Davidson days.
Thinking about this makes car/truck drivers waving to each other feel kinda trite. They (we) were waving to fellow "out there with 20x better chance to die in a crash" explorers of life. I think this number has actually risen, probably because you can make motorcycles go faster and brake shorter, you can even add a bit more durability to driver/rider with gear to wear, but their inherent problems in a crash aren't going away and that wildcard of other drivers simply not seeing them and driving over them increases with traffic density.

P.S. Pepperidge Farm remembers just waving to everybody, then he moved to The Big City...and lived happily every after. :p

Last edited: