Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does 18 or 19 inch wheels change the geometry of P3D+ with 20 inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if there are any geometry changes happening if 18 or 19-inch aftermarket wheels are added to the P3D+ model with a slightly different setup with performance brakes and the suspension linkage needed for the 20-inch wheels provided by Tesla? I am just asking this question out of ignorance just to make sure there aren't any issues downsizing for the winter setup. There are plenty of people doing this but no mention of this where there is a mention on the forum about the slightly different rear setup in the suspension linkage in the rear that is performed by Tesla as 20-inch performance wheel package. Am I worried about nothing?

I guess that's a question that I should have asked before I ordered the TSportLine 18" wheels and winter tires. At least they confirmed that the extra groove has been machined out, there's enough room for the larger brakes, and the TPMS sensors are installed.

This is what you get when you have the 20" wheels from Tesla:
  • 4 x 20X8.5J Sport wheels
  • 4 x 235/35/20 – Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • 4 x tire pressure sensors
  • 4 x Tesla logo Sport wheel center caps
  • 2 x rear upper fore links
This package includes rear suspension adjustments to optimize ride quality, and is only available for installation after delivery.

So the P3D+ has this rear upper fore links as well with the bigger brake. So does this rear upper fore links cause any different behavior when mounted to 18 or 19-inch wheels? Anyone knows or again is this trivial issue not worth pondering about?