Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does FSD Beta transfer to a new purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. You start over like you never had it. Back to driver score crap and who knows when you’ll get it.
All that supposed to be done with by end of year. If you paid or subscribed to FSD, you get the latest release. It is like Oprah handing out cars: "You get FSD Beta, and you get FSD Beta." Christmas in Tesla land.

Upvote 0
All that supposed to be done with by end of year. If you paid or subscribed to FSD, you get the latest release. It is like Oprah handing out cars: "You get FSD Beta, and you get FSD Beta." Christmas in Tesla land.

"Everyone"

I don't think this means what he think it means...

MCU1???

Upvote 0
"Everyone"

I don't think this means what he think it means...

MCU1???
From Electrek:
Musk said this week during the All-in Summit:

The Full Self-Driving Beta at this point can very often take you with zero intervention across the Bay Area from San Jose to Marin through complex traffic. It’s really quite sophisticated. I invited anyone to join the Beta or look at the videos of those in the beta. We got over 100,000 in the beta, so it’s not tiny, and we will be expanding that to probably 1 million people by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
You think Elon wants to miss an opportunity to reach into your pocket and make your money into his money? LOL!!!!

This is the same Elon that intentionally strips out a $10/month premium connectivity feature and the free unlimited supercharging that CAME WITH every car from 2012 to 2017.... But if the company sees any chance to take away features from an 8-year-old car that is out of warranty and should be legacy.... No, that's an opportunity to generate MORE money and reduce the customer experience!

They CLAIM that the free supercharging is "not a big concern" for owners, and clearly for most owners, $120/year probably isn't either. But then why be so petty and trip over dollars (of customer satisfaction) to pick up pennies?

Maybe if Elon spits in the eye of every owner of an old Tesla, they would be more desiring of buying a brand new one! (FYI, no that isn't how customer service works AT ALL - but everyone other than Elon already knows that)

• Disagree
Reactions: Stirthepot
Upvote 0
Enhanced Autopilot makes the MY a minimum $71k
Highway Driving Assist 2 is included in the mid level Ioniq5 trim(SEL/AWD/266range): $51k

IMO, HDA2 is as good or better than EAP and it's already delivered on all it's promises...not, "6 months maybe, 12 months definitely..."

I have EAP and I have HDA2, so I think I'm pretty qualified to make this objective opinion.

No licensing, subscriptions, or transfers to worry about. It's just included...

Upvote 0
In OP's case it seems to make sense that, if you had the 'advanced beta' on one car you should - assuming you pony up $15k for FSD on the new car - get the advanced beta straight away rather than having to re-enroll, do the safety score thing again etc. But we're talking about Tesla so ...

Upvote 0
How WILL they make money without ongoing revenue from every deployed vehicle?
I believe only about 10% users now paid for FSD, so if Tesla builds 1 Million cars,
overall the additional revenue per car build would be ($15k x 1 M x 10%) / 1 M = $1.5k

If average price of a car is $75k, the FSD added revenue of $1.5k per car sold is 2%.

Why not adding a mandatory FSD 2% option to each car (like the $1.2k Destination fee) so 100% of the users will get FSD !!!

Note: I imagine that this is the way the Supercharger network get financed by taking a little percentage of each car sold.

Upvote 0