Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does tapping "Advanced" in software update actually do something?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time you go to that screen at all it "checks" (and says so if you look at it)

What is happening is while it's doing that (since it takes a few seconds) people are tapping on the button and then when it finds an update (from its original check that began when you went to the screen) people are thinking the tapping on buttons did something.

It doesn't.

Correct.

What works for me everytime is opening the right rear door, then sitting in the driver seat and rolling down the window, then turning the steering wheel 2 turns to the left and then right 3 turns, then opening and closing the trunk 4 times, then lifting the front left corner with a bottlejack 2" off the ground, and then disconnecting and reconnecting the main battery 5 times, and then calling my brother in Louisiana, then having a steak with salad with filtered water to drink, and then pressing Advanced only 1 time. Pressing it 2 times completely messes everything up!
You left out chanting at an Elon effigy.

What works for me everytime is opening the right rear door, then sitting in the driver seat and rolling down the window, then turning the steering wheel 2 turns to the left and then right 3 turns, then opening and closing the trunk 4 times, then lifting the front left corner with a bottlejack 2" off the ground, and then disconnecting and reconnecting the main battery 5 times, and then calling my brother in Louisiana, then having a steak with salad with filtered water to drink, and then pressing Advanced only 1 time. Pressing it 2 times completely messes everything up!
Drat. I don't have a brother, let alone in Louisiana. I do have a daughter in Washington State though.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic