Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the 2022 Holiday Update fix the Spotify Playlist refresh issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the 2022 Holiday Update fix the Spotify Playlist refresh issue? The issue has been present for several years. Issue: If you use Spotify and listen to playlists that get updated frequently, the list doesn't get refreshed. You are forced to reboot the screen to get Spotify to update the list. An example, you listen to a hourly news podcast. You see the podcasts in the list, but it stops updating and becomes out of date.

Has anyone that received the holiday update seen this same issue when listening to Spotify? Hoping with all the changes made in the media player, this issue might be fixed.

Going to guess no, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Spotify in general has a ton of usability issues (example: it will let me view some of my saved artists but once it gets to a certain point in alphabetical order it'll just say "that's all you get!" and not display any below that point) and it's been a big disappointment how Tesla and/or Spotify just leave the app in the state that it's in, to where I just use my phone + BT instead.

Spotify in general has a ton of usability issues (example: it will let me view some of my saved artists but once it gets to a certain point in alphabetical order it'll just say "that's all you get!" and not display any below that point) and it's been a big disappointment how Tesla and/or Spotify just leave the app in the state that it's in, to where I just use my phone + BT instead.
Agreed 100%. The Spotify software for Tesla is terrible..like an old beta version that was abandoned. I have a huge collection of saved artists and found the same thing. More importantly though, the sound quality is much better using Bluetooth. There are no settings in the Tesla Spotify app to use high quality streams, so you're stuck with significantly more compressed audio with much less detail.

The Spotify software for Tesla is terrible
agreed. Using the new post-holiday interface I listened to a playlist, then spotify started playing similar songs like it does, and I wanted to hear a song in the list again. Tried to click on the song, nothing happened. all the songs were frozen out. I used the "back arrow" on the play controls to walk back into the list and then it "unlocked" and I could change songs. dumb.

Agreed 100%. The Spotify software for Tesla is terrible..like an old beta version that was abandoned. I have a huge collection of saved artists and found the same thing. More importantly though, the sound quality is much better using Bluetooth. There are no settings in the Tesla Spotify app to use high quality streams, so you're stuck with significantly more compressed audio with much less detail.

In a way I read your post and thought that was good to hear- I was under the impression that the Spotify app would at least provide a higher quality audio stream than the one we can get over BT, so I've felt I was missing out for a while, but I was weirdly relieved to hear the app is *also* under delivering on that front as well.

I have limited faith in Tesla to provide smart updates to the car's OS as is, and near zero faith in their ability to keep third party applications in a good state which is a huge bummer. Went from being a small but notable selling point for the car to a negative, and I hope in the future they go back and give these apps the care and feeding they deserve.

Reactions: rmh9
Just want to provide a quick update. Since getting the update, I have used my car for several days. As of today, it would appear the Spotify playlist refresh issue has been fixed. I normally see the issue once a day, but I have driven the car the past several days and haven't had a single issue with the podcasts not getting refreshed. Hopefully other drivers can comment on their experience too. If this has been fixed, I will be super happy.

Reactions: LaneDS
Just want to provide a quick update. Since getting the update, I have used my car for several days. As of today, it would appear the Spotify playlist refresh issue has been fixed. I normally see the issue once a day, but I have driven the car the past several days and haven't had a single issue with the podcasts not getting refreshed. Hopefully other drivers can comment on their experience too. If this has been fixed, I will be super happy.

Surprised but good to hear- I'll try the app again after reading this to see if any of the other past usability issues are now cleaned up.