Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the model 3 have an IOT garage door opener app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has a Tesla app which controls most of the functions you want such as heat and charging, and also sending addresses to the Nav system.
It also controls the garage door Homelink (if you buy FSD and get the Homelink accessory). Is that what you are asking about?

• Disagree
Reactions: RB88
No, my
It has a Tesla app which controls most of the functions you want such as heat and charging, and also sending addresses to the Nav system.
It also controls the garage door Homelink (if you buy FSD and get the Homelink accessory). Is that what you are asking about?
From what I understand the Homelink is HW that is installed in the M3. I'd like to avoid installing HW in the M3 just to control the GD.
I use EWELINK, SONOFF app.
The device I have connected to the GD is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z5B461/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, $13.80. I use it from Alexa, phone and computer.

Thanks for the clarification.

There is no such thing as a Tesla app.

You can run web pages, but that’s really not convenient for a garage door I wouldn’t think.

Unfortunately, if you want easy access from the car display you would need to get the home link module for the car and an add on home link receiver for the house.

Snarky are we? Works great for me. I asked for help not a wise a$$ response with not so cute play on an acronym.
Snarky? Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. It was late Friday afternoon, and that's exactly what I think when I see the acronym. And to be honest, I don't think I've ever been accused of snark before. Funny, yes. Sarcastic, yes. Helpful, yes. Wise ass, never. Snarky, never.

• Disagree
Reactions: Audi2000