Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does This Mean I DO have 1K Miles of SC, or I WILL have 1K Miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It isn't clear whether the referral I got from my friend worked (I didn't use the link, but asked Tesla for the referral credit, and my purchase showed up on my friend's account). I used a few superchargers driving the car home, but there was no indication it was free. There's no "History" option on the Tesla.com website.

Below what I have in the app's loot box. Does that mean that I now have 1K miles, or is it just saying that's how much I can earn?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20200105-184826_Tesla.jpg

That screen shot is saying that you now have 1,000 Supercharger (SuC) miles to use. Know that any unused miles disappear after 6 months.

You can see your SuC history on the Tesla.com web site (click the History button) AND in your car (just not on the app on your phone).

• Helpful
Reactions: Reborn
Thanks, Kev. I guess I better go on a roadtrip.

That "History" button just doesn't show up, but I've been told it will later:
I BELIEVE that it shows up when you have an actual history: after the first usage makes it way to your account. I can't explain why that first charge on your drive home isn't showing - it just may be a timing thing.

I used three superchargers on the drive home on the day of delivery (several hundred miles away), so I would have expected that message to say I have something like 829 miles remaining.

As with many tech glitches, it's often better to just wait and see if the issue resolves itself.

Last edited:
You don't actually get 1000 miles. The chargers work by kwh, and each "mile" is calculated as 400 Wh. Most Model 3 owners will be able to get 230-320 Wh per mile, so its a decent amount more miles.

JFYI - 400 Wh is likely due to Model X. The free miles is shared across all vehicles in your account and so they can't know which vehicle you'd use it in.

Is it true that the free 1000 SC miles disappear after six months? That's sucks since I charge at home nearly 99% of the time.
Yes. But the expiration date gets "refreshed" if you get a new referral. I got my car with 1K miles in August. As of this writing, I have 668 miles remaining that will expire next month. But if someone buys a car tomorrow using my referral code, I will have 1,668 miles that expire on July 6.

Yes. But the expiration date gets "refreshed" if you get a new referral. I got my car with 1K miles in August. As of this writing, I have 668 miles remaining that will expire next month. But if someone buys a car tomorrow using my referral code, I will have 1,668 miles that expire on July 6.
I’ve burnt through 1,850 since self referring on our P3D+ delivery last month. I need more referrals...

Reactions: Reborn