Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does voice command feature work for anyone? particularly for maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great for me for navigation....just push in the right steering wheel roller and say "navigate to _____"...does a good job with addresses or even business names. Much better than the voice Nav in our two Volvos (which has never worked right for me).

Works great for me for navigation....just push in the right steering wheel roller and say "navigate to _____"...does a good job with addresses or even business names. Much better than the voice Nav in our two Volvos (which has never worked right for me).

Same here. I always start with “navigate to” and I can’t even recall a time that it didn’t work. It’s one of the few functions of my Model 3 that are rock solid in terms of reliability.

Reactions: outdoors
Navigate to works great for me for a variety of destinations and addresses.

Things like restaurant names it will give a list of local shops so you can choose it if there isnt an obvious choice. Navigate to Mcdonalds is one of my common ones lol.

Mine works great when it works at all...

About 50% of the time it works as expected, and is pretty much spot on for destination names (has some trouble with names when calling people in my address book, but is generally close enough that it calls the correct person or at least shows a list of potential contacts with the correct one in it).

The other 50% of the time it's almost like the microphone doesn't even turn on. The voice card pops up and appears to be listening but nothing I say is registered. Sometimes it will start to work again on its own after several tries, and sometimes I need to restart before it works again. I was assuming it was a software bug introduced in a recent release since it worked flawlessly when I first got the car but I've had two updates since it broke and the problem still appears. Probably time to schedule a SC appointment.