Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doesn't charge at Home, From the mains or from a Supercharger... Any ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear I've spoken with Tesla and they're looking at the log files and coming back to me, however, I thought I'd ask on here as there are tons of clever people that might sort it quicker.

Last night we went for a quick 40 min drive and returned with around 70% battery, I scheduled the charge at 9amps (not 32amps) because we've got Solar panels so wanted to charge for free.

Anyway, this morning I checked the car about 10am and noticed it was 'charging complete' but only had 90miles on the charge (see 1st photo).

I went outside and tried to start a charge but it kept saying 'starting charge' & then instantly swapping to 'charge complete'. I did a reset of both screens, I powered the car down twice and I swapped chargers and tried different cables + my UMC. Same issue.

I drove to the local supercharger (after advice from Tesla Owners Group UK) and it still wouldn't work (see 2nd image).

Any ideas what might be the issue? Thank you

Attachments

• 2016-04-21 14.07.34.jpg
    2016-04-21 14.07.34.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 2016-04-21 11.22.47.jpg
    2016-04-21 11.22.47.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 2016-04-21 14.55.06.jpg
    2016-04-21 14.55.06.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 79
I've never seen the Batery level exceeds charge setting message. it definite thinks the charge level is lower that it's displaying.

Have you tried a Deep reset yet? (I think it's: press and hold the brake pedal, when pressing both scroll wheels for 30 seconds, or until the Tesla logo pops up)

The 'power off' (on the main screen, Controls->E-Brake&Power-off->Power Off) also resets some parts other resets cannot reach...

Another quick thing that's obvious to try would be changing the target charge level - plainly the current state of charge is less than the 90% you've set, but possibly it's got confused and zapping it up to 100% and then back down again would get things back in sync.

Tesla picked up on Friday and are working on it now (3 hours this afternoon) but still no joy so I fear parts will need to be ordered. The battery is now on 18 miles of charge.....

Try changing the charge limit on the phone app, then see if it changes on the MCU. Then change it again, maybe back to 100%, see if it takes a charge.
...it's as if the MCU is reporting the wrong value
Tried that but nothing

Also did the Deep Reset have any effect (from Liuping's post: ... I think it's: press and hold the brake pedal, when pressing both scroll wheels for 30 seconds, or until the Tesla logo pops up)?
Deep reset did nothing either :(

Last week someone in the UK with a P85D had almost the same problem. Tried changing the units between miles and % and it stayed around 90. Would not charge. Now safely at a Service Centre.

You beat me to it :)

The other UK car I thought had confused itself and decided it was an S40 (it had charged up to 67% SOC and then stopped). But as with yours, once the owner drove it and the charge dropped down to 50% or so they found that it still wouldn't charge back up.

The nonsensical mileage reading is particularly intriguing...