Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs in a Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dog loves Model S

Over the years my dog has come to hate my now previous car. I think it was something about the noise of it which drove him crazy. He had major anxiety issues; I tried everything, even tranquilizers, nothing helped.

Guess what. He hopped in the Model S yesterday, and from the first mile his anxiety was gone. He's a new dog and now loves the car like he used to when he was young.

He also used to try to climb from the rear area into the passenger seats in the old car, I think to get away from the noise. Now he loves sitting like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 2,195
That is awesome... wish the guy on 'Noisy Tesla' post on the main tesla board would realize that everything is subjective and if he has an issue, just turn up the music or just put in some earplugs!!! I am sure our dogs will love it (once we let them in it...).

:biggrin:

Over the years my dog has come to hate my now previous car. I think it was something about the noise of it which drove him crazy. He had major anxiety issues; I tried everything, even tranquilizers, nothing helped.

Guess what. He hopped in the Model S yesterday, and from the first mile his anxiety was gone. He's a new dog and now loves the car like he used to when he was young.

He also used to try to climb from the rear area into the passenger seats in the old car, I think to get away from the noise. Now he loves sitting like this:

Zex,

Nice job! Do you think you could post a template or some measurements so I can leverage your work?

Also, I've heard about folks cooking their kids in the third-row seats due to poor ventilation and sun exposure through the back window, but that doesn't sound like a nice thing to do to a dog. Are dogs able to cope with or avoid the heat problems in the back hatch area somehow?

I started making the dog carpet for the back of my S
View attachment 12782
you can see the carabener that is attached to the rear seat latch which holds the carpet up and flat.

Zex,

Nice job! Do you think you could post a template or some measurements so I can leverage your work?

Also, I've heard about folks cooking their kids in the third-row seats due to poor ventilation and sun exposure through the back window, but that doesn't sound like a nice thing to do to a dog. Are dogs able to cope with or avoid the heat problems in the back hatch area somehow?

My rear windows are tinted so it helps a lot with the sun heat. I can try and measure but it was pretty easy to just fit it and cut with really good scissors. The rear area is easy, it is the front part for the folded down seats that was a little hard to figure out. it all works great, my 100 lb dog can rest her head on the wood between the front seats even( seems uncomfortable but she likes it).

I wanted to take my corgi with me on my trip up to Upper Michigan over 4th of July. But I didn't want dog hair all over the car, as it's really hard to get out of the carpet. After reviewing this thread, I decided I needed something that would cover not only the trunk area but also the back and top of the back seats, as my corgi likes to jump up on things and has sharp little nails. She put holes in our couch in less than 2 weeks when we first got her. So, I decided to break out the sewing machine my mother-in-law gave me, grabbed some newspaper, and dusted off my JR high sewing skills and got to work. Well after 4 days, several sessions of seem ripping, a lot of swearing, a partial nervous breakdown, and a couple of glasses of wine I finally finished. Won't win any prizes on Project Runway but does the job.

2013-06-29_09-16-38_0.jpg
2013-06-30_09-30-32_603.jpg

Last edited:
nice job Liz! cute dog too

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my solution. Carpeted the entire rear area with tan carpet that matches the Lloyds and attracts, traps, and disguises all the lab dog hair. Works like a charm. The rolled carpet unfurls to protect the bumper for the dog's ingress and egress.

View attachment 24953

Nice.
I did the same thing to cover the bumper, though its not shown in my picture. Not needed with my corgi, as she has to be lifted in, but protects the bumper from my husbands rhodesian ridgeback.

We really have a lot of talented people on this forum.

M P85 is a DOG!

...or something like that :)

Aurora and Borealis (and Jenny, too!) at today's Grand Opening of Arizona's first Supercharger, at the Quartzite AZ Carl's Jr.:

IMG_0896.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,039