Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t summon your vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I summoned my model y and it crashed into a curb. Wrecked the rim and peeled the tire like a pear. Brutal.
AC82FE49-38AF-4476-98C0-8222655BE82E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not use summon, unless it is going straight forward or backwards to get the car out of the garage ( no turn involved even slightly) I stand next the car with the app button pressed and if i sense something about to go wrong, i release the button and the car stops immediately. Smart summon feature is not at all reliable. It has caused a lot of minor accidents which has been reported. So for now it is best not to use the smart summon.

Tesla definitely won’t cover the damage. Just like they won’t cover damage from accidents with Autopilot. The driver assumes full responsibility for safe operation of the vehicle. You are supposed to maintain a clear line of sight to the vehicle to monitor its movements and prevent accidents.
How do you prevent the vehicle from making an immediate right into a curb

It can pick up lines and curbs on the road using self driving but summon can’t in a parking lot? Get outta here
Yep. Summon doesn’t use the FSD software logic. Have you not seen smart summon in action before? It just drives randomly and ignores all lines and customs. Ie it drives over parking spots and drives all over the road like a 5 year old trying to control an RC car.

And FSD sees lines with the front camera. Could the front camera see the curb next to your wheel when parked? No. There’s no sensors that low that would pick up that curb. Plenty of videos of FSD clipping curbs when making turns too.

Reactions: Jrob83
It’s “beta”. As Elon said for FSD you should expect it to do the wrong thing at the wrong time and be prepared to intervene.
The feature is supposed to bring the car to you. Meaning your not next to it. Unreliable feature that sounds good but isn’t meant to be used. I’m not going to summon my vehicle when I’m next to it. Dumb feature until it improves