TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Done: Ordered Today!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Spyder14, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

After several weeks of back-and-forth with the trade-in, test drives, options, colors & communications, I clicked on "ORDER" today! I am super geeked & at my age, I hate to wish time to go any more quickly but maybe the robots in Fremont can weld faster? :biggrin: Car info should be in the signature...

2. jlake02

jlake02 Member

Congrats! :)

3. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Congrats, now comes the hardest part: the wait!!

4. Panoz

Panoz Member

What did you order?

5. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

No kidding...I've been signed up here since October & reading the good, the bad & the ugly. Delivery is supposed to be by the end of February but this is the FIRST time I have had to wait this long for a new car.

- - - Updated - - -

Check my sig...I added blue cheese olives to the martini's.

6. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Congrats! Absolutely love my 70.

7. Daniel Meola

Daniel Meola Member

Congrats!

I just confirmed my order for a 70 on Jan 5th and got March - Early April :confused:

8. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

Welcome to the Tesla family!

9. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

Dan: I have not been informed of final delivery date or changes from "Late February". As soon as I hit REPLY I will probably get notice that it's pushed back. I am going to order a Rear Console so I have something to play with...:crying:

10. Daniel Meola

Daniel Meola Member

I've been eyeing the frunk organizer box and tire repair kit

I wish they could send me my key so I have something to look at while I'm daydreaming about my Model S for the next couple months :smile:

11. sickfox

sickfox Member

TMC forum should keep you busy while you're waiting for your awesome new midnight silver knight rider! Congrats!

12. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

I just got the e-mail with the VIN (125078) & updated delivery date: when I clicked the ORDER button it was late February. It is now late March or early April. Crap--can't those robots weld faster please?

13. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

I wonder if this is normal? I confirmed mine on 1/4/16 and pushed out the delivery to June since my current cars lease isn't up until then. But I hope they don't push it out when we get closer. I've read others having delays! Really bad ones actually.... Make me nervous because we are planning a road trip from Atlanta to upstate NY towards the end of June and planned it accordingly to take the Tesla!

14. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

I am such a dork: my car won't arrive for over 2 months but his space in the garage & the door opener is all ready:

IMG_0647.JPG

15. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

16. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

I talked to my DES in Atlanta today to go over a few open issues/questions & he told me that my car will be ready to leave the factory on Feb 15! This means it will be out the door & ready to be transported via truck or rail to the SC in Decatur which may take 20 days. I even ordered the Front Console toady so the SC has it & ready for installation when the car shows up for prep. Now--do I plan on picking it up @ the SC or wait for them to deliver it to me in South Carolina...

17. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

I'd take delivery at the SC... Great opportunity to take a small road trip and really enjoy your new car!

18. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

No argument there other than the direct route from ATL to get to the house are brutal--I-16 in & out of ATL is really bad. I am looking into hitting the back roads if the charging allows.

19. tomwildcat

tomwildcat Member

Oh man! Congrats, super exciting. Hoping they move my time up! I ordered on the 9th.

20. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

UPDATE: no other way to get from point A to point B--I will have to go from ATL to Macon to SAV to home. Rats...