Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door issues/Real world Pro's and Con's list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having lots of door issues. I have noticed you have to be careful with the automatic front door due to traffic coming etc... I also dinged a car yesterday with my drivers door thinking it would stop and it didn't. The car was fully next to me from the back of the car to the front. Also, tonight I opened up the passenger door for my wife and it just barely missed a fire hydrant by literally a hair. I realize that would have been my fault but I can see that happening again to me at some point maybe next time I won't be so lucky. I guess I'll only open the door manually if I know its safe? Has anyone else been experiencing these issues at all? Hopefully it will get better with software fixes? I will say I haven't really had any problem with the gull wing doors so that's good.

Ok on to the Pros and Cons list after 2 weeks.

I had an Model S for 2.5 years before the Model X FYI.

Pros
Speed- I got Ludicrous mode and it is a beautiful thing! I have been driving a slow model S 85 for 3 years. lol...
The large windshield rocks! My favorite thing!!
Falcon doors that my kid can open from inside or out. Standing in the car to put his seat belt on.
air-con in seats
Way more comfortable seats (I had a 2013 S)
Self driving is unreal! You literally feel like you are living the future.
$25,000 in rebates plus another $10,000 for a total of $35000 in tax rebates. Win-Win
When I ever seat more than 4 people I will be a happy camper. Haven't yet.

Cons
Automatic doors are awesome sometimes and scary other times as I don't really trust what they are going to do.
Back seat backs that shine and get finger smudged easily.
I don't like the push button doors. Too hard to push and they need a tutorial every time someone new gets into my car. Also, with S doors you didn't have finger print marks on the door handles.
Not near as much room for storage. Smaller back area and frunk.

So that's whats up... Just my opinion just thought I would share...

Last edited:
Yes business based rebates. My accountant just verified that I'm good for the full 35,000. Feels good to put another dint in that price.

The tax loophole that can save you big bucks off a Tesla Model X

IMHO there is a big mistake in your calculation. You are mixing CA rebate ($2.5K), federal tax credit ($7.5K) and Federal tax deduction ($25K). The last part reduces your taxable income by $25k and not the tax bill. So depending on your tax bracket, this would translate into $6K to $9k in tax savings. There could be another $4K savings from accelerated depreciation. I still does not add up to $35K in tax savings. You are potentially look at $23k-$25K in savings.

IMHO there is a big mistake in your calculation. You are mixing CA rebate ($2.5K), federal tax credit ($7.5K) and Federal tax deduction ($25K). The last part reduces your taxable income by $25k and not the tax bill. So depending on your tax bracket, this would translate into $6K to $9k in tax savings. There could be another $4K savings from accelerated depreciation. I still does not add up to $35K in tax savings. You are potentially look at $23k-$25K in savings.

Yep! Your right. Thank you for your clarification.