Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrading from P to AWD after confirming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on a Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive last week. I love it but wish I had ordered All Wheel Drive. Is it possible to upgrade to AWD now?

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 55
You can see if you can edit your design by going to the link below and putting your own RN

Tesla
AMAZING TIP!! I had called and emailed a change request form to make the change to white interior last Thursday and my account had still not updated as of when I read your post this afternoon. I tried your workaround and within 30 seconds my update to white interior was confirmed. Someone needs to tell Tesla about this...which is why I am on hold waiting to speak with them right now (hopefully for the last time!).

AMAZING TIP!! I had called and emailed a change request form to make the change to white interior last Thursday and my account had still not updated as of when I read your post this afternoon. I tried your workaround and within 30 seconds my update to white interior was confirmed. Someone needs to tell Tesla about this...which is why I am on hold waiting to speak with them right now (hopefully for the last time!).
Let me know what they say. I was thinking about using that link and changing from P to AWD but I'm worried about what it might put my reservation somewhere were it will never be seen again...

If that link doesn't work, it may mean that you are further into the process. Similar to those who reported their edit link disappearing.

yeah it doesn't work. In my case I got downgraded not by choice and I am trying to get back to my configuration from 6/26.

Can someone give me a # to a good Delivery Advisor to see whats going on. I am tired of calling.

Let me know what they say. I was thinking about using that link and changing from P to AWD but I'm worried about what it might put my reservation somewhere were it will never be seen again...

Confirmed with a rep that this workaround is fine and that my account reflects the updated config. Asked them to cancel the ticket to have someone in CS manually make the change.

• Helpful
Reactions: Daniel in SD
What the what!...I am so impatient I would have hung up!
i was driving around town, the only problem was listening to the hold music in the car for 90 mins...

My delivery advisor is still looking into whether I can downgrade, but he mentioned that my “car ready date” had moved up to august 8 so I assume the car is now in transit and I’m going to be “stuck” with the performance version.First world problem for sure! :)

Interesting to see how the “production hell” has now shifted to a “contracting and delivery hell” for all the cars they are making...good luck tesla.

Did you change it to your reservation number?
www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN(your reservation number here)
The link had disappeared for me too but copying and pasting that link and adding my RN worked. i was able to edit/update my order (downgraded from AWD to just LR). thanks for sharing the link.

the bad news is, it changed my delivery window from “sept - nov” to “oct - dec”. ugh, so tired of the delay game.

I just used the edit link to add white interior and went from Aug-Oct to Oct-Dec :mad: Here I thought it'd bump me up. I'm hoping the time estimator is just hardcoded since they seemed to be prioritizing white interior deliveries.
So did you switch to AWD or add white interior to Performance? If all you did was add white interior it seems like changing your config might move you back in line...

update, my delivery advisor says they can downgrade me from p to awd. it will probably add 3-6 weeks to delivery and the vin number will likely change.

really please to see how flexible and accommodating tesla is trying to be in the midst of all this chaos... :)