Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speed Sensitive Seating Height Adjustment (SSSHA) - Want it!

Speed Sensitive Seating Height Adjustment (SSSHA) - Want it!

What is that you may ask? Its something I just invented in my own mind so bare with me. You've probably heard of speed sensitive radio volume control, well this is similar. Depending on the speed of the car, your Model S seat height would go up when you're travelling slowly and go down when you travelling rapidly. Why is that needed? The Model S has a few visually challenging blind spots and I'd like to address two. One issue is when you're parking or making tight turns. It is difficult to see the front corner of the car. I've already documented that a pillar jumped out in front of my front bumper (& the bumper lost), and that my wheel tried to beat up a curb (& lost). Well folks, I did it again! I think that I need to bring The Hun back to the A-E Spa for another manicure! :love:
2013-04-07 22.11.34.png.jpg

How can I avert this? I can become a better driver. I can install front parking collision aversion assist; I did it on the rear and skimped on the fronts! I will be installing this soon! If I pump my seat up to the ceiling then that improves my angle at seeing the front corners of the car. But when I'm driving why do I like to be seated with the seat lower towards the floorboard? That's because I'm a rear view mirror checker. I know many of you may not be interested in what's going on behind you when you're driving forward, but, for various reasons, I'm constantly checking the rear view. I want to know what is coming up upon me, especially if it is law enforcement! The Model S rear windshield has such a gradual rake that it limits the rear view mirror vision for much more than 2 car lengths behind you. IF you put the seat down toward the floorboard then you improve your angle and therefore can see a little further back. Now you understand why I think that SSSHA would be helpful in this regard!

Which brings me to my next critique of one of my aftermarket installs. I wish that the rear back up camera had those 'runway' overlays so you could estimate distance better. Tesla's software didn't install it so I installed the rear parking collision aversion assist. It works great! When you are backing up the car progressively beeps faster, warning you of an impending collision and it also gives you a visual clue of the distance with the colored light diodes that flash. They too work flawlessly. They, appropriately are installed at the junction of the roof line and the start of the rear windshield. As you can see in this picture, that is right in line with my already limited rearview mirror sight lines! Do I remove it and put it elsewhere maybe above the rearview mirror, or do I just remove it altogether? :confused:
20130408_090809.jpg

Subwoofer BOUNCE

This 5 second smartphone video clip in no way can convey the audio clarity from Al & Ed's eXtremed Autosound of The Hun!
But check out the visual bounce of the subwoofer! The hair on your neck and in your ears will stand on edge! :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting next week, I'll be rolling out some studio photos as they come out. I'll also start commenting on each system, one at a time as the reviews come in.
Thank you for all your questions both publicly and via PMs. Anyway, here's a sneak peak foto:
63499_10151336233171879_736906019_n.jpg

Starting next week, I'll be rolling out some studio photos as they come out. I'll also start commenting on each system, one at a time as the reviews come in.
Thank you for all your questions both publicly and via PMs.

Yes, please. I'm dying to know more about the audio system such as each component and anything 'learned' or 'special' that needs to be done to install an aftermarket audio system in the Model S. I know A&E worked with Tesla on the install, so if there is important info people should know to take care of please share! We don't want to make some mistake that may affect the battery! I'm curious if any secondary 12V battery was used, if any farad caps were used, what types of fuses were used to protect things, if any special 'low power' components were used, and very importantly -> where and how was there power and the audio tie-in occur to the Tesla system? Are they audio out's somewhere already (where would that be?)?. etc etc details please!! thank you!

Thoughts about car washes, car wax and wraps?

I'm sorry I've been so remiss in posting answers and pictures. I'll get back to it soon, but have been swamped organizing our annual breast cancer charity: www.tinyurl.com/RevlonDeena :cool:

I was able to sneak away and get my car washed for the first time yesterday. The guy asked if it was a wrap and then recommended that it not be send through the regular assembly line (still HAND wash not machine wash) car wash and instead do it on the side. I thought it was an up-sell and instead actually went the other way and got the cheapest (assembly line hand wash) car wash withOUT the spray wax/polish, because I thought that my wrap would not need that extra stuff. So in essence the wrap may, over the long haul, save me money? :rolleyes:

Thoughts about car washes, car wax and wraps
from the TMC peanut gallery?
526370_10151336233056879_1339639083_n (1).jpg

I'm baaaaack!
Sorry about the hiatus. Some personal health matters with my Dad and some office business matters with the Practice to tend to.
get your model s virtualy pimped by a&e :-D
Build A Car - Forgiato
This is way cool! I wish they would have had this when I was picking my wheels as my 'virtual' palate was only in my mind! Great find! I think that they may have realized the potential after a few cars have now used Forgiatos and they then built out the website to accommodate. I know that Elie gets special pricing from them and loves their wheels; not just the aesthetics but their build quality and their ability to stand behind their product.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally CYA OPEK was on the Roadster. Did you move it over to Model S or was that just for the picture?
CYA OPEK (DMV purchased the day after I put a deposit on my Roadster in January, 2007) has now officially been transferred over to The Hun!
That left TESLAsterone (the Roadster) unable to bare the thought of getting a mundane sequential plate.
I went into one of the garage drawers and pulled out of retirement, HOKY FVR which now adorns TESLAsterone!
In fact, last week, while waiting on a guy to come rent the Roadster, a guy came up to me who played major-junior hockey in Canada with "Whitey" Widing!

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Love it! Love the black trim around the nose cone! Love the red logos with a tie in to the red calipers!
Starting to think that it is a waste of money to get any premium paint on any car & instead wrap it!
I think that paint after-marketers as well as expensive OEM paint options will suffer!

Last edited by a moderator: