Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had digitally fixed the rim-
ouchie.jpg
rash for my shots.

Much easier!

Ian, your car looks stunning! Hope it's featured in some Hollywood blockbuster at some point.
We're in 'discussions' but as far as I'm concerned, in Hollywood, everyone is a producer... they produce their business card!
Besides, ain't nobody sleeping with The Hun! on his way to stardom!
Actually, since he has no tail pipes, is he a Eunuch?

I had digitally fixed the rim-rash for my shots.
If I had only 'virtually' rim-rashed them!

Pictures of the floor mats as requested.
Sweet!

Ian, at least my car gets a chance to commune with yours this way. And we found lots of fun stuff to do on mine... a couple things no one has done before (I seem to be making a habit of it)! Full report coming soon.
View attachment 19660
Looking forward to hearing & seeing a full report!
Does your car have a (foolish-like mine) name? :confused:
The Hun can be such a boor and not introduce himself sometime as he believes he needs no introduction! :rolleyes:

Hmm... thinking The Crimson Lightning. What do you all think? (No, I didn't go to Stanford.)

Ian, I met a friend of yours while stopped at Zebra Coffee in San Clemente yesterday. He approached me when he saw The Crimson Lightning. He was with his lovely wife and teenage or so daughter and said he has an S coming soon and mentioned you. Unfortunately I didn't retain his name (I'm really bad with names). He's on these forums so maybe he'll speak up.

Hmm... thinking The Crimson Lightning. What do you all think? (No, I didn't go to Stanford.)
Ian, I met a friend of yours while stopped at Zebra Coffee in San Clemente yesterday.
When we named our kids, we didn't seek input from friends or family. Its so personal and so many people have their own impressions that have to do with their subset of life experiences. As you can tell from this thread, there are some things I seek input and many things I don't. Once I delivered a patient in an inner city hospital in Chicago. Their last name was King and when the baby came it was like their 6th and they had no name. The husband looked on the wall, true story, and saw a sign: "No Smoking" to which he names is son, "Nosmo King"! You can't make those stories up! Name it Crimson Lightning and go with it! >:)

"Teriyaki88" is the person you met. Great guy and great hockey player!

- - - Updated - - -

Dr T, Which audio components did Elie put in your Model S and what do you think of the sound?
I promise to get that info out here, but part of the paucity of pix as well has been I've been out of town on holiday.
I believe it was an Alpine Amp and Focal speakers.

"Teriyaki88" is the person you met. Great guy and great hockey player!

What are the chances I take a vacation day, and on the way up to Arcadia for Chinese food, stop in San Clemente for coffee, and run into a Tesla owner who knows a good friend of mine? I've driven on Highway 5 thousands of times and only stopped in San Clemente twice in 30 years! It's just weird. I guess I was just meant to be a Tesla owner! :biggrin:

I'm Steve and I just reserved this for my Silver Bullet.
showPlateImage.do.jpg

I live in Scripps and I work in Carmel Valley. I'm sure I'll be seeing your red chariot sometime in the near future!!

And the knives come out!

I'm a Tesla-fanboy. Of that there is no doubt. BUT, I don't walk lock-step with everything they do and air the dirty laundry of improvements I believe should be made. To some that is treasonous! No matter! :tongue:
I'm an Al & Ed's-fanboy. Of that, I mentioned in post 1. Although I've had the car long enough gather impressions, unfortunately Spring Break out of town holidays have gotten in the way.

Here's one of the critiques of my mods...
The 'blind spot monitor' is too sensitive, too loud and feels like it has crossed or double wires.
  1. When I'm sitting waiting to make either a right or left turn, it feels as though it is alarming at the curb or debris on the road.
    1. Maybe it is set to 'look' too low?
    2. Maybe it is too sensitive?
  2. When I have my turn signal blinking left & an object is or passes by my right blind spot, it alarms
    1. The alarm indicator only flashes on that right side and I'm sure I have the left signal on
    2. I also will see the left alarm signal flash when I have the left signal indicator on and something passes in front of the blind spot on the left
    3. All of this is true in the reverse; that is when I have my turn signal blinking right & an object is or passes by my left blind spot, it alarms
  3. When the blind spot monitor alerts, the piercing shriek it makes sends me searching for tissue to check for blood coming out of my ear! :cursing:
    1. Luckily I have Soflauthor's center console insert to be able to conveniently store said tissues! :wink:
    2. I wish the volume were lower or should I consider turning it off and rely on the flashing lights?
    3. I wish that the volume would independently come out of a left speaker when there was an object in my left blind spot and vice versa
  4. Minor cosmetic detail. I think that the white rim around the blinking alarm should be black. Maybe I'll take a sharpie to it? :confused:
    1. 20130408_065137_HDR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm Steve and I just reserved this for my Silver Bullet. View attachment 19712
Love the name! Love the plate!

All along I've maintained that the grander plan for this thread is not so much to give a pat on the back for Al & Ed's (nor for myself) but to try and reach a bigger audience and 'sell' (wish I got commission) more Teslas and EVs. We've already had Teriyaki88 take the 'dive', maybe there have been more & I know of scores of others that the Teslaficionados have helped down this path. I just got a message that another poster has decided to jump in. He's reading the thread and even posted on rare occasion so he's reading your remarks. He's vacillating between non-perf 85 or 60. Any comments to help him? :confused:

Okay, I'm here. Why was I beckoned?
I'm shocked and honored that you 'showed up' here.
Reminds me of that Jack-In-The-Box commercial when the juvenile delinquent pulls up to the drive-thru and says he wants to speak to Jack and they patch him through to Jack's jet where Jack answers and the delinquent says, "Uh, Mr. Box?"

While the thread was started to spread Tesla to others not in the EV fold, there was a poster who said that my car had a 'rival' for head turning curb appeal:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...omized!/page21?p=311073&viewfull=1#post311073

It was obviously an April Fools joke, and a great one at that, but I did not know if the wrap had been removed, and if not, if we might be able to use it somehow as an attraction to help with the Revlon Run Walk for Breast & Ovary Cancer fundraiser next month in LA? EIF Revlon Run/Walk For Women Los Angeles 2013: Dr. Ian Taras MD - EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women

I thought you might have those answers. If you'd rather you could PM me or e-mail me directly: [email protected]
Pardon the interruption. :redface:

I'm a Tesla-fanboy. Of that there is no doubt. BUT, I don't walk lock-step with everything they do and air the dirty laundry of improvements I believe should be made. To some that is treasonous! No matter! :tongue:
I'm an Al & Ed's-fanboy. Of that, I mentioned in post 1. Although I've had the car long enough gather impressions, unfortunately Spring Break out of town holidays have gotten in the way.

Here's one of the critiques of my mods...
The 'blind spot monitor' is too sensitive, too loud and feels like it has crossed or double wires.
  1. When I'm sitting waiting to make either a right or left turn, it feels as though it is alarming at the curb or debris on the road.
    1. Maybe it is set to 'look' too low?
    2. Maybe it is too sensitive?
  2. When I have my turn signal blinking left & an object is or passes by my right blind spot, it alarms
    1. The alarm indicator only flashes on that right side and I'm sure I have the left signal on
    2. I also will see the left alarm signal flash when I have the left signal indicator on and something passes in front of the blind spot on the left
    3. All of this is true in the reverse; that is when I have my turn signal blinking right & an object is or passes by my left blind spot, it alarms
  3. When the blind spot monitor alerts, the piercing shriek it makes sends me searching for tissue to check for blood coming out of my ear! :cursing:
    1. Luckily I have Soflauthor's center console insert to be able to conveniently store said tissues! :wink:
    2. I wish the volume were lower or should I consider turning it off and rely on the flashing lights?
    3. I wish that the volume would independently come out of a left speaker when there was an object in my left blind spot and vice versa

1. The system that we installed in Dr. Taras car was a first for us in a Model S. Every car is different and that is why this system has several settings that can be adjusted. Since this install we have now done it on 3 more Model S cars with no issues. We have figured out the proper sensitivity setting and we all agree that the audible "beep" warning should be disconnected. The flashing visual indicator is more than sufficient. We let every custom choose if they want audible and visual or just visible. The system works GREAT! I highly recommend it since the car does has bad blind spots.